Requirement date and Order date issues in Inter-company trading

Hi all,

I got a problem with Requirement date and Order date as the following description:

• Make a Sale order on Company A with Requirement date as Apr 24th, 2017

• Then run Master Planning, system will generate Planned Purchase order for the above Sale order.

• This Planned Purchase Order will have the Requirement date as Apr 24th, 2017

• And the Order date is Apr 4th, 2017 (Purchase lead time as 20 days)

• Then firm this Planned PO to generate Inter-company PO in Company A and inter-company SO in Company B.

• The problem is that the SO Delivery date in company B as Apr 24th, 2017 → It should be Apr 4th, 2017

Any reply from you guys are very valuable.

Thanks and regards

Hieu Le

It does not take 20 days to ship it, it takes 20 days to make it, so the requirement date in B is correct. The lead time of the product in B should reflect the 20 days it takes to produce. If you need delivery time then look at transportation time.

Think of this outside IC. You vendor says the lead time is 20 days, so you tell them 20 days before you need it. They can get it to you on the same day, so the requirement date they have is 24th and the 20 days is the time for them to source, value add and supply.

Hi AdamRoue,
Thanks for your reply but in this case, i want the Requested ship date as April 4th 2017 (in company B).
I already set up the “Transport days” in Inventory Mgt → Set up → Distribution → Transport days for each Mode of delivery as 20 days.
I want the system show the Requested Ship date as April 4th and Requested Receipt date as April 24th (in Company B).
Please share me your idea.
Thanks and regards

If you manually load a sales order for that item in company B with delivery date of 24th April is the ship date 4th April to prove your logic?

If i set up “Transport days” then if i create Sale order manually, system will show “Requested Ship date” as Apr 4 and “Requested Receipt date” as Apr 24.

I suggest then logging a call with Microsoft support on why your transport days are being ignored in IC planning, it might be that is the way it is designed.

In my opinion, it might be a bug? do you think so?

I have not tested with your setup (I don’t have access to Ax at the moment and presume if there was a relationship setting you would have set it), I would want it to work that way, but if Microsoft were to say it is by design then by definition of its not a bug, only with feedback from them can you tell. Let us know how you get on.