Reports on HR module

Hello, Everybody.

I’ll need to create reports on NAV 2009 HR module. So, I believe I could locate all tables but it would be nice to have some more info like e.g. for Finance where we can have training materials from a customer source. I couldn’t find anything on HR however. I’ll go through a Demo app for HR but if any more info could be get that would be wonderful.

Could anybody please point me from where I could get more info on NAV 2009 HR if there is any I could be more confident doing the reporting on it?

Thanks

The HR module in NAV is what I would call a “forgotten module”. It was created many years ago in the old Navision and besides getting updated, then basically no improvements have been made ever since. It’s not really part of any certifications and no official training material exists (as far as I know).

I all could find in my personal file archive was the attached HR module fact sheet.

I suggest that you just start using it. It’s really a basic module and not that complex. It will not take you much time to find out how to use it and then how to create new reports.
AdvancedHR.pdf (182 KB)

Thank you so much, Erik. This info is very helpful for me to start working on it.

Hi Erik,

Thanks again for the info. The attributes is a part of the Advanced HR module that I don’t have. Is there any way I could download it as a part of a Demo (e.g. Cronus) NAV I could show it to a client to consider? Please, advise.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alexander,

I’m sorry I don’t have anything else about it. But I did find out that the this “Advanced Human Resources” is NOT the product which is available in today in the standard NAV 2009 world wide version. It was a localized “add-on” available in the US and Canada only. I’m not really aware if it’s still being developed. The “standard” HRM doesn’t have these “Attributes”, “Position Management”; “GAP Analysis”, “Competions” or “Applicants” - well basically everything which is described in that document! [:(]