Report: Setting posting date filters on Bank account ledger entry.

Hi Team,

I am working on Bank account ledger entry report where I set the posting date to filter it was not working on my report but working on my list page

These are my fields:

1.)

DataItem Bank Account Ledger Entry
Column “Bank Account Ledger Entry”.GETFILTERS ReportPeriod
Column “Bank Account Ledger Entry”.“Document No” ReceiptNo
Column “Bank Account Ledger Entry”.“Posting Date” Date
Column Bank Account Ledger Entry".“External Document No.” ChequeNo
Column UserName UserName

2.) I declare Datefilter as Text in the Global Variable. and I also set Date Filter in ReqFilterFields of the Bank Account Ledger Entry. Thanks

OnPreReport()
DateFilter := "Bank Account Ledger Entry".GETFILTER("Date Filter");

Bank Account Ledger Entry - OnPreDataItem()
"Bank Account Ledger Entry".SETFILTER("Posting Date",DateFilter);

When your driving table for the report is Bank account ledger entry, why are you using a datefilter variable, you can directly use the Posting date field from the Bank account ledger entry table to accept user input from the user and your Bank account ledger entry table will be automatically filtered for the given date range.

Yes I did that but it was not working, that was why i used that approach. According to List Page, I have like seven with their unique number RC-00003,RC-00004, RC-00007, RC-00008 and RC-00010. After I filtered by Posting Date Which falls among them. It displayed only RC-00004 Report. Thanks

That is just not possible. When you use the Table itself the filters should work unless you have Maxiteration set to 1 or the Posting date in Bank account ledger entry is something that is outside the posting date you are filtering, in other words RC-00003, RC-0004, RC-00007 does not fall within the date filter you are filtering.

This is my setting:

DataItemTable:" Bank Account Ledger Entry,

DataItemTableView: SORING(Entry No.) WHERE(Amount=FILTER(>0))

ReqFilterFields: Entry No.,Document No.,Posting Date

Document No. Posting Date

RC-00003 2/8/2018

RC-00004 2/8/2018

RC-00007 2/9/2018

RC-00008 2/9/2018

RC-00010 2/13/2018

And this is my posting date filter: 2/8/18…2/23/18 But it was giving me only only RC-00004

Ok, Since you are filtering Amount > 0 make sure that the above Document Nos. have Amount filled in otherwise it won’t show on your report. Please go to the Bank account ledger entry table and filter on Document no. RC-00003|RC-00004|RC-00007|RC-00009|RC-00010 and Amount > 0 and see how many lines do you see. My feeling is that since you are seeing only 1 line all the other documents have Amount 0.

I did as you said and this is the outcome

CaptureIssue.PNG

Then I run the report

CaptureIssue1.PNG

With only one report

This is the complete information of the report.

CaptureIssue2.PNG

Are you sure that your problem is not in RDLC? Have you tried to preview the report and check the XML data?

Could be a filter in the table data set.

Thanks for your reply. I don’t know how to preview the report and check the XML data at the same. I only know to run and preview the report.

This is the properties of Bank Account Ledger Entry

CaptureIssue3.PNG

On report print preview, click on the blue box arrow in the upper left corner of the preview screen, then select Help → About This Report

On the first attempt there will be no result, so close the report preview page and run the report again, then follow the steps mentioned above, and the xml data will appear

I will also suggest you change your date format for both the server and developer machine(client) to british date format, it appears to be in american date format

Contact me on monday via skype id : (danielduodupoku) for free direct assistance through anydesk remote software

Thanks. I did as you said, this was the output/ result

CaptureIssue4.PNG

But It was still displaying only one report

Your picture is a little to small to see if it is the right lines you have in the XML output?

In that case then your problem is in the RDLC layout definition, which means that you need Visual Studio or SQL Report Designer to use it.

There could be many different reasons for this, it could be filtered in the data set or hidden per line. Or you may be using first(field) or last(field) instead of the correct field expression. If you have no previous experience with RDLC, then I suggest that you contact a senior or your partner.

In the XML output, there are three data with Document No.: RC-0000003,RC-0000004,RC-0000007.

DataItemTableview: SORTING(Entry No.) WHERE(Amount=FILTER(>0))

ReqFilterFields: Entry No.,Document No.,Posting Date

The Properties of the report is shown below

CaptureIssue5.PNG

Like the experienced engineer noted, you are not getting some settings rights on the RDLC and may be on the nav report designer properties or code too

You need an experienced hand to see through the holes

Cheers

I will be glad to received the experienced hands.

Thanks.