RE: Table Relation

Dear ALL,

i have doubt in the relation. why we are assign the number for the particular relation.

For EX: table.field ==1

please any one let me know

Regards

Smiley

I am not able to understand what you are asking…Plz what you have done what you want to do .:slight_smile:

Also Plz read MorphX document where you will get any kind of doubts to be specified…

hi,

First i cannot understand your question…

and i think you are trying to ask in Table Relations, and in table relations we assign values for number sequence… accordingly…

Hello Smiley,

You can define the following type of relations in Dynamics AX:

1. Normal: To specify relation fields without conditions. For Normal relation enter the following in the Field Relation property pages:

In the Field property, select the field in the primary table that relates to a field in the related table.

In the Related Field property, select the field in the related table.

Table.Field == RelatedTable.Field

You can define conditional table relations to filter the records in either the primary or the related table. Following are the conditional table relations that can be specified when you define the fields in a table relation:

1. Field Fixed: To specify relation fields to restrict the records in the primary table.

(Table.Field == ): Restricts the records selected in the primary table. Only records that meet the condition are selected.

The condition is ANDed with your relation.

So in the example you have given Table.Field == 1, 1 is the enum value and not any number.

1. Related Field Fixed: To specify relation fields that restrict the records in the related table.

( == Table.Field) : Restricts the records selected in the related table. Only records that meet the condition are selected.

The condition is ANDed with your relation.

You can create and define relations on Tables as well as on Extended Data Types. On any Extended Data Type you can define only Normal and Related Field Fixed type of relation.

Thank u shankar …

now i clear about the relations…

Hi Shankar,

how to specify the Extended Data Type value? ID value or any thing?

Thanks !!!

Hello Smiley,

In a relation on an Extended Data Type, the name of the Extended Data Type is used and no ID value or anything else. For example the relation on the EDT ItemGroupId with the InventItemGroup Table is as below:

ItemGroupId == InventItemGroup.ItemGroupId

To create a relationship on an extended data type :

1. Locate the Relations node for the relevant extended data type.

2. Right-click the Relations node and do the following to add one or more relations based on a specific table:

Click New > Normal, and then select a table in the Table property to add a relation that does not have a condition. It must be added before you can add a relation with a condition.

1. To add relation with a condition, right-click the Relations node, click New > Related Field Fixed, and then type the enum value that you want to use as the conditional value in the Value property.

The Related Field Fixed condition filters the records selected in the other table. The condition is ANDed with your relation. Select a field in the Related Field property for each relation.

1. Save your modifications.