Project Posting Profile for contract labors

Dear All,

We are implementing AX in our company.

I need help in Project Posting Profile for contract labors.

We are employing casual contract labors and the vendor company will invoice us at the end of the months for the Hours utilized from them. We have projects and timesheet is recorded against the activities of projects. For our-own employees the entries are payroll allocation and direct labor. But I am bit confused about the contract labors. I have to record against the Project in one side and “received but not invoiced account” on other hand. How to link it to the vendor so that when the invoice updated we can allocate it against the vendor.

Please advice…Big thanks.

Regards,

Shijith

Hi,

I think you can use project categories and map a separate ledger account for that category. The category can be used in hour journal to post to appropriate account. Have you tried this approach?

Pranav…

Dear Pranav,

Thanks for your response. We know that will solve the sales price for project. But my question is about the actual cost hitting the project. We have to create a contract-worker attached to a vendor. And we have to move the amount to account ‘received but not invoiced’ attached to the vendor. How to set this?

Regards

Shijith