Percent Variance shown on report incorrect for Revenue vs. Expense

When we run a report that shows the budget vs. actual for revenue and expense, no matter what we select under “Show Opposite” for % Variance both MTD and YTD, either the Revenue or the Expense row % Variance show a negative number when it should be a positive and vice versa. If we change the “Show Opposite” , it fixes the Revenue, but messes up the Expense rows.

I talked to NAV support and they were unable to find a solution. I wondered if anyone out there has found a workaround. It is hard to believe that users are happy with that setup.

Thanks,

Hi Harriett,

Which report is this ?

Gabor

Hi Gabor, The report is: Account Schedule - Landscape

That sounds like a custom report to me. Is the ID number between 50,000 and 99,999. If so then it is specific to your company.

Hi Matt,

I do not see an ID # anywhere on that report. I did not think it was a custom report, other than we had to fill our own account codes for revenue and expense.

You would have to find the report in Object Designer (under the tools menu) to locate its ID.

Hi Hariett,

When you are on the Report Parameters screen you can try to press Ctrl + F2 then it would come up with designer.

Gabor

The ID shows as 10029. Even if it is specific to our company, shouldn’t the % Variance be integral to the general NAV hard coding

Hi,

I just check the NA db and that localisation has this report , but I dont see the option you mentioned.

Gabor

What I am referring to is the “Show Opposite Sign” option, which is supposed to control whether the %Var amount shows a plus or minus. On our revenue rows, the % variance shows the wrong sign regardless of what we choose for “Show Opposite Sign”. The expense rows are correct.

Harriet,

Could you show a screenshot of what you mean ?

I am affraid we are not getting to a quick resolution here :).

g.