"Parameter _reportName cannot be null or empty".error while opening any report

Hi,

I am getting the error"Parameter _reportName cannot be null or empty." while opening any report of ax 2012.I have noticed this error after installation of data migration frame work in ax,but i am not sure that is the reason for this error can any one please help me to solve this error.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Same problem i have faced for many report.

for that you need to open the report in VS then you will find the field in the parameter node, then right click open the property of that field then change the property allow blank false to true and nullable false to true.

hope this will resolve your problem. in case not please reply me back.

Thanks

Nihar

Hi Nihar,

Thank you for giving reply,

I have changed the parameters as suggested by you in respective field’s but still problem is persisting I am getting following error’s while opening all reports in AX 2012.

Error1:Parameter _reportName cannot be null or empty.
Error2: The BankLCMiscChargeRdlContract_SA.getAttributes() reflection API could not create and return the SrsReportNameAttribute object. Please check the parameters.

Thanks
Teja M

Hi Teja,

Did you Deploy the changed report?

if the error is still persist, maybe you can try to restart the AOS after that, re-Deploy the Report.

Hi Dar,

Yes i did but still I am facing the problem and i am getting this problem for not only single report but for all reports in ax.

first take one report, Try to hide the parameter field and Add that project to AOT and deploy it to report server from AOT and try to open the report.

if it is resolving the issue we can ensure that problem may because of parameter or else the reason might be some thing else.

Hi,

ven thank you for giving in puts.I did as u said then also problem was not resolved so i compiled application now all reports are working Properly.Thank you guys for supporting.

Hye I am now facing the same problem when i run class for PO…

“Parameter _reportName cannot be null or empty.”
“The AssetBasisRdlContract.getAttributes() reflection API could not create and return the SrsReportNameAttribute object. Please check the parameters.”

But can you direct me how to open the report in VS?

Hi Jenny,

Open VS-> New Project → Microsoft Dynamics Ax → select Report Model and specify the project name .

then Left hand side Application tools is there it will show the AOT objects. From that you can able to pick the report to your project.

Regards,

Abbas

OOoooopppsss…Not vs suppose Ax Development…
Can you give me new direction abbas?

Hi Jenny,

This is the only way you can able to change the report design and its properties in Ax2012. To solve your problem you need to follow the above post for parameter issue.

Regards,

Abbas

abbas can you show me step by step process together with the print screen…I am very blur

Hi jenny,

Pls tell me your mail id i will send this step by step screenshot document to your mail.

Regards,

Abbas

Hi,

I have attached the document.

Regards,

Abbas
Report modification through VS Doc (2).zip (600 KB)

Wow…thank you abbas… [:)]

how did you compiled it ? im currently facing the same problem . please do help

currently facing the problem . how did you compiled it and manage to solve it ?

HI Abbas,

I’m getting the same issue. Can you send me the document too?

Hi Frea,

I have attached the document.

Regards,

Abbas
Report modification through VS Doc.zip (600 KB)

Hi,

Sometimes due to syncronization issue this problem will come.The another way i suggest u is just take XPO of that SSRS report from AOT and delete it from AOT , again import the same XPO . Now set the Allow blank ,Nullable properties to “Yes” and deploy again …