OLE control error

I want to export some data from Navision to Excel. In a report i worte some code to do that. On most of the clients the report works fine. But on some clients the report returns an error message: “Could not invoke the member Range. The OLE control of Automation Server renturns an unknown errormessage.” (Translated from Dutch) The error returns when the report already exported some data to Excel using the statement “Range”. The error seems not te be related to the Excel version. I already re-installed Excel but this has no effect. Can anyone help me?

Hi Marcel, be aware that different Excel Version leads to different automation versions and so to different declaration auf the automation variable Check wether the report can be compiled at the workstations where it can not run or not

Hi Hans-Dieter, The report is programmed on a client installed with Excel 9.0 and runs without problems. On clients installed with Excel 8.0 the report also runs without problems. There are only two clients (from 30) where the report returns this error-message. On the two clients is Excel 9.0 installed. I also thought this was the most common cause of the problem. Thanks anyway for your reply! Best regards Marcel

Have you thought about using the Excel Buffer? Or even looking at it to see the Automation that is installed in it? Table 370. Cheers Tony

oooopppps[B)] today i have to solve a similar problem with outlook2000[:(!][:(!][V]

Nothing helps[xx(] Office deinstall Outlook deinstall Navision deinstall REBOOT office install navision install outlook install Fine : Error is gone [:)][8D][:D]