NAV2013R2 - I am trying to add reports's language

Dear all,

My configuration : Nav 2013R2 French

My reports’s language are currently in french only and I am trying to add reports’s language in english, as I also want those reports to be available in English language.
I would like report’s language to be defined automatically by the “Code Language Customer” value found in the customer info sheet.

I am trying to follow whats in msdn.microsoft.com/…/dd355268.aspx

1/
In client Dev, I have verified : Tools=>Language :
English and French modules are present.

2/
In report, I added :
CurrReport.LANGUAGE := Language.GetLanguageID(“Language Code”);

But when I test, the reports are always in French, when they should be in English.

I think the captionML are correct because when I set the client RTC in English the report is in English.

To test, in the report layout, I added the Language variable in order to see its value.
With customer language ENU, the value of Language is showned as fr-FR, for a reason I can’t explain.

Could you help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Where did you write above code?

Did you check what is below code returning?

CurrReport.LANGUAGE := Language.GetLanguageID(“Language Code”);

Add
Message(’%1’,CurrReport.LANGUAGE); after above code and check what are you getting.

Thank for your answer,

CurrReport.LANGUAGE := Language.GetLanguageID(“Language Code”); is written in the report :

I dragged and dropped the LANGUAGE in SQL Server Report Builder, and the value prints on the report is fr-FR.

Add
Message(’%1’,CurrReport.LANGUAGE); after above code and check what are you getting.

Thank for your answer,

CurrReport.LANGUAGE := Language.GetLanguageID(“Language Code”); is written in the report after

Sales Invoice Header - OnAfterGetRecord()

I dragged and dropped the LANGUAGE in SQL Server Report Builder, and the value prints on the report is fr-FR.

Add

0574.Capture.PNG

My test with the SQL Server Report Builder :

What value do you have in Sales Header Language Code field? Is it French or English.

You are getting 1036 means French language that is the reason report is shown in french

What value do you have in Sales Header Language Code field?

I don’t known where to see this information. Could you guide me?

Open the Sales Order for which you are running the report and press Ctrl+F8

Search for Language COde

I open the Sales Order page 42 with client RTC, and I press Ctrl+F8 but it has no effect.

Oops… Ctrl+F8 works on Classic.

You should try Ctrl+Alt+F1

Oh, I just understood something.

The report I used is a Posted Invoice Sales,it has created the first time in FRA customer. The problem is may be here…

So I’m changing the report and I’m going to use Quote reports because I can created new Quote reports.

With new Quote reports the translation is OK for dataset but is always in French for Parameters (exept when I configure my RTC in English) in SQL Server Report Builder :

8267.Capture.PNG

However the CaptionML seems correct in Labels view :

5554.Capture.PNG

Please !

To sum up :

In my reports the Labels use always the RTC language.

Is it a bug ?

Is it possible to attach report and table (if customized) here?

Thank you for your help.

Here is a .fob file.

The Text Constants translates in Customer language, but the Labels is always in RTC language.

http://dynamicsuser.net/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.18.69.33/R50007-label-language.fob

With english customers :

6082.Capture.PNG

with French customers :

0880.Capture.PNG

I had a quick look and you are right that labels are always showing depending upon the Language of RTC.

I am not sure whether it is a bug or not.

Thank you for your test.

I maybe am the first one to use this functionality…

What do you suggest me to do ? I am really blocked.

You can contact Microsoft and log a support case