NAV Reports > Reporting Services

Hi,

I’m new to NAV but and i’m looking to Transfer a report from NAV into Reporting Services, Is there anyway to see the actual database fields a NAV Report is using? I’ve gone into the Sections/CAL Code etc and cant find a link back to them.

NAV2009

Thanks in advance

I’m not quite sure what you are asking, but when you open Visual Studio from NAV then the first thing you see is the list of all the fields available from the NAV report.

Hi Erik,

There’s a report in NAV which someone else has created and not in Reporting Services, I want to be able to move it into Reporting Services but use the same fields therefore i want to see which fields in the database its using, is there anyway to do that? Or is there a way of converting that report into Reporting Services automatically?

Thanks

Pete

The SourceExpr property of the text box tells you the field or variable name. I’m not really sure if you are trying to convert a report to use with the RoleTailored client or if you are literally building an identical report in SQL Report Services, completely separate from NAV.