NAV 2009 RTC Reports - multiselect or/and cascading parameters

Hi All,

I have expertise in the Classic NAV reporting and in SSRS (Reporting Services). Now, I’d need to create NAV RTC ones. It shouldn’t be a problem to create an RTC report based on a dataitem datasource but 'm wondering how I could handle with creating an RTC report with multi-select parameters or/and cascading filtering. as I would easily do in SSRS. In SSRS I could do it with an additional dateset/sp that would be a VARCHAR(MAX) string e.g. for a stored procedure. I could also show the selection in a report header, etc.

Please, if anybody knows direct me to a right approach I wouldn’t spend hours experimenting.

Thanks

Let me explain on the basis of as much as I have understood your query. The data items (the items you have there in the development environment for NAV13 or you have put in the section for classic Nav 2009), reflects under a single data set in RDLC (RTC in ur words) reports. As in SSRS multiple data set can be selected, here all the data items fall under a single one. In RDLC report if you click on any text box properties, almost all those aggregate function you 'll find as in SSRS. Go through any basic pdf manual of NAV reports. As you have worked on SSRS, its easier to work with RDLC.

Regards:

Gaurav