MOQ: How to configure settings of each item in data base of articles in AX2012?

Hi everyone!

I am working at a purchasing department and we use MS Dynamics AX2012 for generating our Purchase Orders to various vendors.

The Purchase Orders mainly result from the Planning function therefore we need to set the Minimal Order Quantities /Purchase Order for each item as demanded by the suppliers.

Your advise and instructions on how to do this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

These are controlled in the “default order settings” (and possible “site specific order settings”) forms as found on the “released products” form in the “manage inventory” tab.

Thanks a lot Jake!
I got it.
May I also ask you if we have to enter the value for each separate article by hand or there is a way to import from an .xlsx file the values of all items at once?

You would need to write an import or look at DIXF depending upon your version to run an import.

Dear Adam,
Thanks for your great support. We have DIXF installed and some colleagues from other departments already use it.
Your advise is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hey Lilly,

Adam’s right, DIXF is probably the way to do it. You can technically use the Excel add-in, as well, but you need to hard-code in an InventDim value as well (which is not very straightforward.)

Using DIXF, you’ll have to have a developer create a new entity that allows for you to enter the inventory dimensions necessary (like site and warehouse) on your spreadsheet and have DIXF find the correct InventDim record.

Hi Jake,
Thanks for kindly advising. We have an IT guy who is managing the database and software issues in our factory-I have already discussed with him the option of using the DIXF. He is now up to it.
Your help has been highly appreciated.