Job Work

Hi Forum,

I have a transaction which am not able to map in AX. The Transaction is let us suppose am sending item A outside for some processing and getting item B back, for doing this process it wll charge some cost which i have to include in the item cost of item B and pay the charges to vendor.In this transaction the On-Hand of Item A will reduce and inventory of Item B will increase.The process fee which am paying to vendor i have to deduct TDS or even service tax and pay the remaining to vendor…

The above trasaction will occur in different combinations like sending multiple items and receiving single item and vice versa…

So how can i handle this…waiting for immediate reply

Thanks in Advance…

Regards

Satya

This is handled through production, you “make” item B using item A the routing pushes the part through subcontracting work centres, the picking list created for the works order reduces inventory, as it is a subcontracting operation the process creates a purchase order associated with the works order, you receive in the purchase order and this handles the supplier side, whilst the completion of the production order books B into stock for you.

This looks like either a subcontraction Production order or BOM journal. You should set up a BOM and it should be able to handled via Production with type “Vendor” or simply a BOM journal. You may want to attach a Purchase order to the Production order as well.

Thanks for ur reply,

But the thing is i have created subcontracted purchase order which handles supplier side once you post the purchase order it will increase my incoming item i.e. Item B, Again finishing the production order again my inventory i.e.Item B will increase so how to handle this. My inventory will get double

So help me out how to configure.

Satya…

Quite simply put you have set it up wrong.

You should be purchasing the service, unless you have layered BOM’s with operational consumption.

It will only book it in twice if you tell it too. Have a read of the manual, it tells you how to handle this with examples.

Thanks Adam,

Its working fine…but i hav one more combination like sending one item out for processing and receiving multiple items so how can i configure this type of transaction…

Satya…

I have never encountered a sub-contract disassembly, or where a by/co product is produced. You would need to set this up as a production generated sub-contract works order producing the co/by products with use of the BOM but you would need to set it up and test it, I have not really looked at this so could be way off, but it is probably the only way to achieve this using standard AX.