Job scheduler => Extra parameters

Hello,

Does someone know how, or if it is possible, to run the job scheduler with extra parameters?
We want to run a job and we want to specify a date from which the data will be taken.

Example:
We have customers, and we want to make the bills for the period of June the first till July the first.

But we don’t know how to get those parameters from the job scheduler into the job itself.

So my question:
How to create a job with extra parameters which will be send to the scheduler.

Thanks,
Rens

Hi Rens,

Maybe You could create the job so that it reads the parameters from some setup-table in stead.

Can you tell me some more of that?
I understand what you mean, but maybe you can tell me how to do this best or give me some tips about it…?

Sure.

It calls for some development though.

Let’s say the parameters I need are a Starting- and a Ending-date.

In the Setup-table (Could be anyone existing, or a new one created just for this purpose) You define 2 new appropriate fields.
(If the users must be able to change the values, You must also add the fields to a new/existing form)

Then You can create a ProcessingOnly-report, and have this being run from the scheduler.
In the OnPreReport-trigger do a GET on the setup-table.
Then You send the values into the job You already have created, and run the job.

You can also just modify the job, but the essense is that before the job do anything, You must read the table with the 2 new fields, and have the values put into the job.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.