I am facing an issue with Nav Extension 2016..

Hello,

I have installed a new extension package with Customized Objects ( codeunit,page, table with 50000 no series). And i can see those details NAVAPPMETADATA Table.

But i am unable to publish above code unit and page through web services due to object not exist in object list in the database which has extension package installed. And i am unable to run that page with page.runmodel from any action item from other pages.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated…

Regards,

Srinivas …

Hi Srinivas,
Yes it works as designed. You cannot access or run an extension from any other object via code. An extension is only “visible” from the NAV 2016 client.

That’s one of the big issues with extension in NAV 2016, which I have also written about in my blog.

In your case, then you need to add the new action on the pages, and include the deltas of these pages in your extension.

Hello Erik,

Thanks for your reply…

“In your case, then you need to add the new action on the pages, and include the deltas of these pages in your extension.”

Even i have added an action in base database itself and created an extension file based with respected delta files. Still I am unable to run a extension (New) Object.

And one more concern is i need to publish that new object which is imported through extension as a webservice…

Please suggest me ASAP…

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas G.

You cannot see or run any objects from you extension via the development environment. You can only run/see the objects from the clients. So any calls the the pages needs to have been added to standard objects as new actions. Remember that there can be no code in these actions. Only direct calls to pages or codeunits.

So a good way to test that the extension have actually been enabled, is to add a menu suite with your new pages.

I get a little confused reading your reply, you write you have added an action (to a page object) in the (extension) base database.
What is the result of this? Are you able to see the new action in the client, after you have published the extension? Or is it only the call the the page that doesn’t work?

In regards to publishing the extension as a web service, then I have no idea what you mean by this?

One of my other concerns with extensions right now, is that the whole process of creating/building the extension and later having first to uninstall, import and publish it is very time consuming. Always remember the data upgrade codeunits (required after NAV 2016 RTM), other wise that process will also fail.

You cannot just import a new object to an extension, without going through this whole process.

Hello Erik,

Thanks for your valuable reply…

I have done with my 1st requirement that is run my new extension page (50000) in client. i did as you posted, like added in menusuite, used runobject property of action in another page instead of write code “page.run(50000)”.

Now i can run my new page in client which is related to database which have installed extension package

But my 2nd concern is i need to add my new extension page (50000) in web services list. if i am trying to add and while updating the object id as 50000. at that i am facing the below error.

“The field Object ID oftable Web Service contains a value (50000) that cannot be found in related table (object)”

How can i achieve this…

Can you please suggest me.

Regards,

Srinivas