How to set a default date for a date type field in Navision

How to set a default date for a date type field in Navision

In Table designer select field a edit a property named InitValue

Forgive me, Nuno, but I don’t think this is an advisable solution for a date type field. I don’t think that any fixed value makes sense for a date field. Reasonably acceptable values for a date might be current date or work date or any derived date from them.

I don’t know what Manu’s problem exactly is, since she didn’t tell us, but I doubt it can be solved without coding.

You’re right Anna. Using the InitValue is really only advisable for simple fields like Option fields.

It’s much better to “hardcode” a logic into the triggers of the fields/table. Like what you see when you create a new Sales Header record. Here the Order Date etc. are initiated with todays date.

(To: Nuno: You should really not verify your own answers as the solution, unless you’re 100% sure that your answer is the correct and that no other answers exists. In general it’s only the person asking the question who is allowed to verify. But you have the option of doing that because you’re also a moderator. But you can always use “Suggest as Solution”.)

You probability are right, rush answer .

Sorry Wrong button