How to reflect the changes in MS Navision Sql server to MS Navision classic client

Are you sure you are accessing the same database in both the client ???

yes i used the same database in that same company name,i check the CustomSettings.config file also same database, but i did’t get changes on RTC client.

Did you try Erik’s suggestion by modifying some data in classic and whether it is reflecting in RTC?

You need to change pages and not forms to reflect field changes in RTC.

yes i check what Erik was said but it not reflect on RTC client.i also made changes in page but it also not reflect on RTC client.

i also set posted properties to yes and in Runobject gives the page name.

If data you change in the same company in the classic client are not changed in RTC then this means that you are NOT USING THE SAME DATABASE. And then the objects changes are also not applied to RTC!

You need to verify that the database your RTC is accessing is the same as the classic. But also that the server url you open with the RTC actually is the pointing to the customsettings.config file you have edited.

object changes can apply directly or we have to do manually because the database is same i check multiple time.

company name :AmathusDrinksPLC_Live in RTC client

company name:AmathusDrinksPLC_Live in classic client with SQL

also shown in image and same database name in customsetting.config

Sorry to say it, but this doesn’t say anything. Could you please post the full customsettings.config file?

Hi Erik,

i attached the customsetting.config file.please find

7762.CustomSettings.config (5.31 KB)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> ****

Did you also try by changing Data like adding some extra text in customer name etc.

Did you try restarrting the service after changes?

yes i did that adding extra field,changing the existing field and restarting the services after change but not reflect on RTC client

Changes are not reflecing in RTC afer restarting the service also means you are not connecting to right database.

How many databases do you have in SQL Server and How many Services do you have?

Are you working from Server machine only or connecting from Client machine?

i connect the same database and used server machine is used for both classic client and RTC client.

i have four database in sql server but i connect the one database only and other database also have same content.

please can you tell me how we can find the changes in SQL server which i made in classic client so that i check and clarify the its correct database or not.

In the classic client open the customers. Here you find a specific customer no. and make a change to the record.

Then open the RTC client in the same company and find the same customer. If the change you made to the customer in the classic client is not visible here, then you are not working on the same database.

Hi,

i connect same database at both place but it not work.

i ask my senior fellows but they also not able to solve the issue and then they planing to take support from microsoft.

if you have any idea then please suggest.

So do did you try to update the record in the classic and then check the same record in the RTC? Or vice versa?

And what was the result??

I’m kind of tired of giving you suggestions, when you’re not trying out these suggestions, or not telling us if it worked!

So I think that contacting Microsoft support is a good idea! But please come back and let us know what was wrong.

finally it working and reflect in RTC Client is also proper.

thank’s for all,for you valueable reply.

Can you share what was the issue and solution?

yes,i have multiple database with same data contain so it not reflect the actual changes.

i delete all database and keep original one and also making the report changes in Visual studio.

Omprakash,

The same thing forum suggested that check whether you are connected to same database or not but you never looked at that possibilities and suggestion .

Always try the suggestion given by Forum.