How and from where to start ???

Hi, i am Samee(samee@engineer.com) I have been assigned a task of creating a subcontracting order,the existing one is related prod order,but in my case it is simple one ,we r sending raw material to processor and getting finished product,i need to show the raw mat issued,finished prod receicved,raw mat got (back) etc… plzz some body guide me to start … mail me at samee@engineer.com Thanking You Samee

Excuse my ignorance on this issue, but is this not a job for Navision Maufacturing ? If understand Manufacturing correctley, then this is just the kind of thing that it can deal with in its standard form. I do not know about the fact that the processing is being done outside of the workplace, but i’m sure that this would have been covered also.

This is exactly what the subcontracting capabilities in manufacturing does. Plus…it’s fully integrated with purchases and payables, thereby making the controls much stronger. Allen Beck President Beck Consulting Alameda, CA & Bellevue, WA allen@beckconsulting.com 800-456-8474

Hi, You cannot use the purchase order directly to generate a subcontractor unless you use the Production orders in NM. Alternatively you can make a customization to print a report attached to the Purchase order which will reduce the Raw Material Stock and increment the Finished goods when you actually have received the purchases of the finished goods. You can use the standard BOM to cater to the Raw material required to be sent out. Thnx, Best regards, Prashanth NCFC, NCMC, NCSD pbg@navilogic.com