Fixed Asset Acqusition

Hi everyone,

Can someone please help me explain what the difference is between acquiring an asset via a Purchase Order - invoice journal, and acquiring an asset via a fixed asset ledger journal?

I am having trouble understanding the difference between these two.

Thanks

Sahar Saqeb

if u purchase fixed assets via purchases order it will treated as ITEM.

but if u purchase via fixed assets ledger journal it will treated as ur company Fixed Assets.You can also purchase from Journal Journal.

Eg: Hindustan motor is a car showroom and sells Cars.

when he purchase car for selleing purpose he should brought it from Purchases order and sell them like an item not a fixed assets.

But when he purchases car for Own business purpose He must purchases via FA Ledger.

Actually, in the PO line, Other Tab page… you can nominate the Fixed Asset number. Then you can purchase an item as a fixed asset.

The PO requires an item number for your PO line, since Journal doesn’t.

In AX 2009, the Fixed Asset number is set in the PO line, on Fixed assets Tab page.

Hi,

In relation to purchasing fixed asset, upon purchase invoice we define the exchange rate from the date of acquisition. My question is can we maintain the exchange rate from the date of acquisition to record depreciation expense? Will the exchange rate vary as it records depreciation?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.