FINDLAST in ListPart does not work

Hello together,

I found a very weird problem.

When trying to call a FINDLAST in a ListPart, the actual record does not change. Evewn not when followed by a CurrPage.UPDATE().

This can be verified by creating a function in the ListPart which contains the FINDLAST function.
Then create a page action which calls the function of the subform.

When calling this function the position in the listpart (subform) does not change.

If you have any idea how to overcome this issue would be of great help.

Did you try by adding it in Line Actions–>Functions?

This would not help as I need to call this function by code anyway.

The action is just to show that it is not working.

Instead of creating such function I could also just click on the last line. But this is purely not possible at a Point of Sale.

One cannot expect that the cashier scans an Item, takes the moise and focuses the line manually and scan the next item again.

I mean to say did you try by calling the same function from Line Actions–>Functions?

I create one function with FINDLAST and called from Line Actions–>Functions, it is working fine without any update…

From Header actions it is not working as you said…

But that makes it even more weird.

If I remember correctly we cannot use line actions from header like dimensions and item tracking directly. .

Have a look at the following blog

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/mark_brummel/archive/2009/11/22/tip-15-execute-actions-on-subpages-from-the-action-pane.aspx

That is - unfortunately - a completely different story.

I can call the function in the subpage and it executes.

After the FINDLAST has been executed I have a message box showing the correct line number.

The system even does a complete recalculate and changes the lines according to some coded rules properly and the page shows the new values for all lines.
It just does not move to the correct line.

I enclosed a screenshot to illustrate the issue.

Whenever the user scans/enters an item number into the yellow field, the system will create the new line in the subpage, but the FINDLAST which is called AFTER the new line has been created and the existing lines have been updated (T-Bone is now 25 as the minimum quantity of 5 has been reached for this item and this price) the first line is still activated.

To recheck again, when you enter a new item in yellow filed, it inserts in last new line in subpage…and you want to activate that page? right?

No, I do not want to activate the page, all I want to do is to move the grey bar in the subform to the position of the line just created.
The focus stays in the yellow field (I even managed this even though there is no “Activate” command available for RTC).

When you scan more than ten lines in the screenshot the newly added lines will run out of scopy (not showing up as the subpage can only show ten lines.

The same code in Classic Client works properly, that is FINDLAST followed by UPDATE(FALSE).
When running this in Classic Client, then after adding the new line by scanning, the system scrolls down the subpage to the last record and highlights it.

Now i got it.

Replication of this issue itself takes so much time [:D] still i vl try…

PS: is it for LS retails? Page looks very Nice. [Y]

Nope, that is “Dynamic Retail” a different and in some parts more enhanced product.
I can send you information material if you need, just PM me.

Hi Thomas,

Send an Email option is not available in your profile… so i sent a friend request.

I have now - as there seems to be no proper solution - reported this as a BUG using Partner Source. Let’s see what it brings.