Error while connecting Azure devops with Ax 2012 in version control parameters

Hi,

We have created a build pipeline using Azure devops to Ax 2012. However while connecting to Devops through ax 2012 morphx(dev env) using version control parameters, we are getting an error

'Team Foundation services are not available from server https://xxxx.visualstudio.com/.

Technical information (for administrator):

TF400813: The user ‘aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa’ is not authorized to access this resource.’

We are able to connect to the devops from visual studio and even browse to the devops link using edge or IE in the environment. It only gives an error when trying to connect through the Ax 2012 env. Can someone please suggest.

Regards,
Sourav Chatterjee

You mentioned a build pipeline, but your question is about something else.

Do you want to say that source control integration in AX stopped working after you set up the pipeline, or that you set up a build pipeline before ever configuring source control for AX?

The URL looks wrong to me. If I remember it correctly, you must include a project collection there (https://igusuk.visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection).

Hi Martin,

To give you a summary, we already had our Ax 2012 mapped to TFS (Team foundations server) and was working correctly. Recently our customer wants to move to azure devops. So, traditionally we have created a project, branches in azure devops now which and we have created a pipeline to generate a model and model store using a agent installed in our build server. It seems to be running fine. However now we want to connect our Ax 2012 to the azure devops branch so that developers can checkin there code. We do this by going to the dev environment-> Version control tab-> Version control parameters, filling in the details as in above screenshot. In the Team foundation server URL, when we give the link for azure devops project, it throws the above error. Strangely we are able to browse to that project from within the environment using IE or edge. We tried connecting to the project in azure devops too using visual studio within the environment and it connects. It just throws the error when the dev environment tries to map
to the azure devops project

All right. Let me know if you agree with me that you’re missing a team project collection in the URL. I wouldn’t invest any more time to investigation before fixing the URL.

Thanks Martin. I tried adding the DefaultCollection to the url in the end. But it still comes up with same error

Did you get the login dialog or it didn’t even try to authenticate?

Also, you may need to install some updates. Check out Config AX with VSO, for example.

I got the version control parameter screen and put the url details-> clicked ok

and it threw an error. let me check with the updates you have suggested.

Error: ‘TF400813: The user is not authorized to access this resource.’

Possible cause: The user trying to connect through Ax 2012 does not have the necessary permissions in Azure DevOps.

Potential solution: Ensure that the user has the appropriate permissions in Azure DevOps for the Ax 2012 environment. Check the user’s access level and project permissions in DevOps.