not able to deploy element from Visual studio for AX2012 R3(CU9) SSRS Report

When I open any visual studio project from AX 2012 R3(cu9) AOT, the project opens in Visual Studio but when I try deploying the same in visual studio I get the following errors:

Error 1 An error occurred : Access is denied.

If User Account Control (UAC) is enabled on the machine, close the application, right-click the application, and then click Run as administrator. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\DynamicsTools\Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Reporting.Modeling.targets 466 6 AccountingManagerProfitabilityAnalysis

Error 2 The deployment was aborted. You do not have privileges to deploy to server: inpcg031. For deployment, you must have administrative rights to the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) server. Contact your administrator to deploy. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\DynamicsTools\Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Reporting.Modeling.targets 466 6 AccountingManagerProfitabilityAnalysis

Also I am not able to create a new Microsoft Dynamics AX project from visual studio to develop new report.

Can someone help me with a solution for this?

Regards

Venkat

Did you do what the message suggests?

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your reply.

a week before I was able to deploy existing report from AX as well as from Visual Studio.

When Validating prerequisites for installing Visual Studio Tools, I got a solution to install Visual Studio 2010 team explorer as there was an error like “Required updates for Visual Studio 2010” which is nothing but service pack 1 which has already been installed.

After installing Visual studio 2010 tem explore, the error got resolved and I was able to proceed with Visual Studio tools installation for SSRS.

After that, now when I deploy any existing report, I get these errors as mentioned in my first post.

Also to create a new report in SSRS , I am not getting New → Project → Microsoft Dynamics AX in Visual Studio 2010.

Kindly suggest me a solution for this.

Regards

Venkat

Hi,
I have also installed Sql Server Data tools for Visual studio 2012, Also have assigned System User along with Administrator rights in Sql server Management Studio. Still I am getting the following errors as mentioned above during deployment

Error 1 An error occurred : Access is denied.

If User Account Control (UAC) is enabled on the machine, close the application, right-click the application, and then click Run as administrator. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\DynamicsTools\Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Reporting.Modeling.targets 466 6 AccountingManagerProfitabilityAnalysis

Error 2 The deployment was aborted. You do not have privileges to deploy to server: inpcg031. For deployment, you must have administrative rights to the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) server. Contact your administrator to deploy. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\DynamicsTools\Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Reporting.Modeling.targets 466 6 AccountingManagerProfitabilityAnalysis

Also as mentioned earlier, I am not getting New → Project → Microsoft Dynamics AX in Visual Studio when I try creating a new project for SSRS report.

Can anyone please suggest me a solution for this?

Regards
Venkat

I still have the same question: Did you do what the message suggests? It tells you what permissions you need…

I agree that if Visual Studio tools haven’t been successfully installed, it’s a problem. Try to reinstall them and don’t forget to look into the installation log.