Detail Trial balance report

Hello,

Does anyone know how to display foreign currency on the detail trial balance report?

Thanks,

T

Hi,

Which detailed trial balance report are you referring to?

G/L is based on G/L entry table which is in LCY only - with the additional reporting currency figures.

possible on Customer detailed trial balance.

I want the forreign currencies displayed for my foreign bank account. I know there is a bank detail trial balance report which shows the foreign currencies as well as LCY. However the report doesn’t give me the opening balance for the date range entered. Is there a way to show that figure on the bank detail trial balance?

Hi,

The reason this doesn’t give an opening balance is that the transactions may not be posted in sequence (e.g. bank charges) - you could lookup the Bank Statement table if you are doing bank reconciliations.

We have not done any bank reconciliations. There is no other solution?

Hi,

You can calulate off the bank ledger entries but cannot guarantee that it is accurate.

why were the transactions not posted in sequence?

Hi,

I stated that the transactions may not be posted in sequence. The issue you have is that transactions like bank charges may not be picked up until the end of a month. Also you need to be careful when publishing bank balances and cheques may not be cash etc and if the customer read the report and checks a bank statement they may not agree.

I don’t understand. What is the solution? What should I do?

Please help.