Default Dimensions

Hi, I’m currently working with MBS Navision 3.60 and my client needs that on the user level, we can creat default dimension for each user, so that every time a user creates a document (invoice, sales order, Journal etc.) the dimensions associated with that user should be used by default. as I see it we have two possibilities: - change posting cdu so that before posting the dimension be filled with the user defaults - change every object (invoice, orders, journals) so that every time I create a new record the default dimensions be filled. I would like to know if anyone has already solve a similar situation. thanks in advance SES

I would prefer the first solution, because - less time to develope - user changing at a central point

Hans, I would be more confortable with the firs solution also, but it has some drawbacks, which I’m trying to work with the client: - printing the document before posting (wrong or no Dimensions) - 2 persons working on the same document, 1º create de document (with his dimensions) 2º users posts de document (dimensions change to the 2ª user default) I’m starting to believe this is a dead end. even though, thanks for your opinion

I hadn’t register

quote:

creates a document

but in the case you whish to solve, what is the dimension of the document after a long time ? The dimension of creater or last worked on it ?

Creator, the user who postes only validates the data on the document

Why not use the default dimensions on the salesperson table? You do not need to do any development then…dimensions are very flexible in Navision - you should not have to go to such drastic measures in terms of changing basic functionality for a customer!!

Hi Alison, thanks for the comment, using the sales person is surely an improvement, since I can define all the default dimensions associated with the sales person. Nevertheless, I still have the same problem, since when I create a new invoice the sales person is inherited from either the customer or the vendor, never from the user. Sérgio Espírito Santo

If a function makes the decision between (customer or vendor) it wouldn’t be hard to change it. Do a debug to find out.

Hi Sergio I am coming a bit late to the discussion and I am unsure on all requirements, but with responbsibility centres you can associate default dimensions that are used on entries from transactions originating in the responsibility centre - you can then define the sales and purchasing responsibility centre AGAINST the user. unsure if this would help or if the set up would be too onerous - just a thought[:)].

Responsibility centres could be used, however, bear in mind that if you are using responsibility centres, the user will be assigned to one responsibility centre only and will not be able to view any documents belonging to other responsibility centres. Also, it may mean purchasing another granule…