Default Dimension for Customer/Vendor and column in Report in AX 2009

Hi

I am new to development

1. Once I define dimensions in Customer/Vendor Master Form, these dimension will be automatically updated on the General journal when I select that customer/Vendor.

Can anyone help me which class has the code to bring automatically these dimension in the journal. and also how to find it out

1. I have made one report using report wizard for JournalLedgerDimTrans for dimension report purpose. Now I want to add one more coloumn to that report for doing calculation like adding running total of two column or calculation of percentage etc. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh

The dimension will be picked up from the Account Number - try to take vendor/customer as account type and vendor/customer number as account number(not as offset account and offset account type) then system will automatically pick up the vendor/customer master.

If you still want to do it - override the modified method of the form data source field or ModifiedField method in table level

These reports will be stored in the AOT- try with the help of a display method.

Hi Kranti

My scenario is

I created a new vendor XYZ and attached dimensions with it in Vendor Master.

Now I book one Invoice in Invoice Journal for XYZ Vendor.

When I selected XYZ vendor the dimensions attached to it came with it.

I want to know through which code it automatically copy the dimension along with Vendor in the Invoice Journal.

I am not able to find out this code yet.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

This all standard code developed by MS.In table level modifiedfield method is there.there they may call different submethods such as initfromvendtable. this initfrom vend methos initialize all the value from parent table once the field is get modified.For example In purchase order form if u are modifying the vendor table level modified field method will fire.based on field id it will call initfromvendtable method. In that method they are assigning all values.

Thanks,

Saju.K

HI Rajesh,

Put a debugger in the AccountNum modified method of the Form data source. and try to debug it.

I hope it will pick up from - Class LedgerJournalEngine - getDefaultDimension method.

Hi Rajesh,

am talking about PO.but kranthi is rite its updating dimension in the LedgerjournalEngine class only.just now i debugged it.

Hi Rajesh,

The dimesion are defaulting by code

In class – LedgerJournalEnginegetDefaultMethod()

case LedgerJournalACType::Vend :
dimension = VendTable::find(_accountNum).Dimension;
break;

Thanks,

Hi Rajesh,

The dimesion are defaulting by code

In class – LedgerJournalEnginegetDefaultDimension().

case LedgerJournalACType::Vend :
dimension = VendTable::find(_accountNum).Dimension;
break;

Thanks,

Hi All

Thanks for the reply. I got the code and thats exact the code which pick up the dimension. Now question is I want to Insert a new code for Fixed asset but it is not allowing me to modify the code even If I write the code it save for some time. but while debugging it does not even call that code.

Thanks & Regards

I am still debugging to meet my requirement

Rajesh