Debugging the code

Hi How I can start debugging from a particular line of code. Regards Joseph Mathew

You can’t jump directly to a line of code, but you can setup a breakpoint. This will help you a little. But the “debugger” in Navision is really not very good. In fact IMHO this area of Navision is really LOUSY. It’s to difficult to use and the “Jump Over” doesn’t work and have never (since release 1) worked. Even the debugger in old character based product (Navision 3.x) was a lot better. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Hi Thank you for your quick response. Please let me how to set break points on trigger. Regards

Use F9 to toggle the breakpoints. But I must recommend you to read the manual on this subject (Application Designer’s Guide chapter 15) first. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Joseph : As Erik suggested check your manual to learn how you can use F9 to toggle breakpoints. However I do have a personal preferences with the following techniques : Since there’s no C/AL command breakpoint command called breakpoint as such, I needed to improvise a little bit here so I used : ERROR(‘BREAKPOINT’); where I want the debugger to stop in my code. If you want to try this you must click on Tools\Debugger and : - Tick Active - Untick Breakpoint on Triggers Navision’s Debugger will then exactly stops where you’ve got your breakpoint. it may stop before (ie: an error is generated before your breakpoint) From there you just click on View\C/AL globals and C/AL Locals to check what data your variable contains. I find this technique quite handy because I can quickly enable and disable breakpoints at various points of my programs : ERROR (‘BREAKPOINT - Codeunit 97000 - Before XML File Is Sent’); ERROR (‘BREAKPOINT - Codeunit 50000 - After Automation Instantation’); tarek_demiati@ureach.com