Creating a "Custom Field" and adding it to an existing Data Entity

Hi guys, I’m looking for some advice/help on the below problem.

I’ve created a new Custom Field (via Purchase Order form) and the field it is now part of the PURCHTABLE (per SQL Server screen dump below).

However, after adding the new field, when I go to System administration >>Setup>>Custom fields and select the PurchTable, my NEW field does not display?

I’m trying to add the new custom field to a data entity via this option.

Is there something I’m missing?

Can you advise please? (ps: I’m testing on USMF company on my test instance)New custom field on PURCHTABLE.pngCustom Fields Setup.png

Did you make sure to hit the “apply changes” button at the top after you’ve added those records?

Hi Jake. The form does not select any of the 3 fields and the “Apply changes” button does not do anything either.

Take a look at this video I made a while back. https://youtu.be/GxnOdPWMYw8

Hi Jake. Thanks for taking the time to reply. On watching your video, this is exactly the routine I used. My custom field is a text field. But the Data Entity part of the functionality just does not work in my instance. As I said, I’ve added the custom field and it belongs to the PURCHTABLE. But when I highlight PURCHTABLE in the dropdown list, and click “Select” nothing happens! Both the General and Entity tabs show nothing. It just doesn’t work! I don’t know what to do next… :frowning:

does the field work otherwise? can you query it in SQL directly and see values in it?

Yes, the field is behaving just like any other SQL table field. See attached where LEGACYCODE_CUSTOM = “PO123”

Looks like I’m stuck with the problem. Good old Microsoft, they just know how to make simple processes complicated!