Chart of Accounts Upload in AX 2009

Dear All,

I have list of ledgers extract from tally…I need to create Chat of Accounts masters in AX on the basis of that. the file has following kind of imformation…Equity Share Captial under this heading there is some data…Sundry Creditors. followed by some data…sundry debtors followed by some data and so on…

please help me on how will create Chart of Accounts in the above scenario

Thanks in Advance…

Hi,

we need to use the account types exist in Ax,

for example: equity capital can be set as Header and the related accounts can be as Balance/Liability accounts under equity capital header. like the way you do it for others. When we are building COA, we have to take care of the number sequence for each group or set of accounts for classification, like Assets would be started with 9##### and Liablities would be starting with 8#####

-JK

Thanks JK,

Need to ask…can’t we use Ledger account categories for the same and later Link Ledger Accounts to the Balance account. will this serve the purpose…

Thanks

I had already created Vendors and Customers Masters on the basis list of ledgers…While creating Chart of Accounts do i need to create it again??

Yes, we can very well use ledger account catagories for classifying ledger accounts. my earlier answer was more focusing on overall structuring of COA list.

• JK

Hi,

Just a suggestion from my side. While grouping COA, keep in mind the schedules (Balance Sheet, PL) because at last when you will bw making financial statement this will help you.

It will be better if you discuss with your client as well.

Thanks,

Pranav

Thanks JK…

I am actually going to follow your earlier Answer which is more fruitful…thanks… now my only concern is do i need to create Debtors and Creditors again while creating Chart of Accounts??

No… You Don’t need to create debtors and creditors in COA.

But you need to create Ledgers for each customer group and vendor group. Customers/vendors in X are integrated with GL via groups.

No, you do not have to create debtors and creditors masters again…

The debtors and creditors are considered as subledgers and these will be linked with ledger accounts through customer and vendor groups.

So, possibly you may have to Add/modify customer or vendor groups to configure the ledger postings, only if the groups and COA are not in sync.

• JK