Cannot end the production order

I have a BOM item which is consisted of 4 items, and 3 of them are vendor type, and there is a route associate with this BOM(one operation is involved).

I created a purchase order for this BOM item, and execute the first step “Estimate”. i found that 3 purchase orders created automatically, and a operation record is created automatically as well in the location “Production Control->Current Operations”.

now i have already finish invoice these three purchase order, but i still cannot “release/start/reports as finished/end” the production order,

do i have to post the operations first ? and how ?

thanks.

Yes, you’ll have to post the Route card journal but what is the message displayed while you were trying to process production order?

Hi Kiran,

except i invoiced these three purchase orders which initialized by the production order i did nothing else,

so what’s the next step that i have to do in order to proceed to process the production order?

Post the Route card journal ?

if so, i go to the “Current operations” then selected the operation that related to the production order , and on the action panel “Route Card”.

once i finish posting the route card, i can end the production order ?

many thanks.

Just Start and RAF the current operation. Post Route card journal with all operations closed.

Before you end the production order, perform Report as finished and tick Accept error to skip the operation verification process. Then you can end it.

Part of the answer will also depend upon what you have told the system to do at the receipt of the po.

You do however have to RAF, ticking the accept error gets you someway but you have to understand what it is you are doing and why.