Budget With Multiple Account Structure

Hello !

There are more than one account structure in legal entity E.g

1. Main Account + Depart+ Cost Center

2. Main Account + Depart+Cost Center+Worker

Some accounts are mapped with above number 1 structure and some are attached with 2.

At the time of entry in budget account register I have to select some time 1 or some time 2 for allocating budget .But it would be difficult for me to enter the actual amount .

Could anyone help me out .

Thanks in advance

What do you mean by “it would be diffiult for me to enter the actual amount” ?

I suppose the account structure at first is required in order to know which dimension will be applicable in the field Dimension values (like whether Worker is available for entry) and the actual budget amount (related to the dimension value selected) is entered in the field Amount (together with Currency, date, possible allocations etc. to finish the entry).

Dear Persson!

At the time of budget register entry I have to select one of the multiple account structure on which Main Accounts are attached . But in Control Configuration the account structure was attached not the same.

At the time of posting actual entry in respective main account in which I allocate a budget amount . No check result performed until and unless such respective structure changed in configuration.

I hope you can understand my situation!

So when write “actual amount” or “actual entry” then you mean “realized posting” resulting from e.g. posting a daily journal in General ledger or an invoice update of a purchase order?

And you want to control all budget entries when posting is done regardless of which account structure the budget entry is linked to.

But…: In the budget control configuration, for some reason, it’s only possible a assign one account structure (even though many possibly have been created). And therefore I believe you can’t get the kind of control that you want. As only control on entries related to the one account structure asssign to the Budget control configuration…

Dear Persson!

One thing that how would I know that Budget Check result performed by AX at the time of entry…

How the green check sign appears there

To my understanding then it’s not configurable whether the green check sign appears or not. It’s AX that does “the trick” - so no need to know or not at time of entry - as AX will always control, if set up to do so.

Thank you Persson for such guidance and explanation !!!

Dear Persson !

How would I clarify my concepts related to posting profile and posting definition in AX 2012??

Thanks in advance

I’m sorry, but not sure what you’re asking for. Please explain in some more detail your question.