Bin content does not exist

We got the following error message:[:$]

"The Bin content does not exist. …Identification fields and values: Location Code=’PA’, Bin Code=’F1-01-001’, Item Number =’280-03031’, Variant Code=”,Unit Of Measure Code=’EA’

Production order 103405. We have tried everything to change the status to “finish” on this order and continue to receive the fore mentioned error message.

We have moved the material back to stock from wip, put it in the “F1-01-001” bin and still can not close the order.

Any ideas?

Hi Fritz,

I was in Orlando last week for Directions, and from there went to visit clients in NJ and NY. So from that experience, and knowing that PA is similar, my guess is that the items just don’t like the cold, and want to get back to Florida. [H]

But maybe thats not the issue in this case. Bin contents have always been an issue. (Which version objects and EXE are you on). I have seen issues like this were there is no default bin, as well as many other issues. If the item is in that bin, try manually creating a dummy bin entry directly in the table and tick the default bin box. That sometimes works. beyond that its hard to reolve the issue with out having direct access to the DB.

Hi David … I hope you enjoyed your trip to …[;)] … To answer your question … we are running version 3.7 A (4.0 SP3) … I will try your suggestion and you are right … we are facing some sporadic difficulties with our Warehouse module. If we can’t solve this issue … I guess our consultant has to take a look at this and give his best shot … [^o)] …

Thanks and have a great day.

In some situations in NAV 3.70 it can lead to deletion of bin content even it has some quantity in that bin. You can easily create a new line in bin content to solve that. On of those situations is changing unit of measure.

I have checked in partnersource and there is a confirmed bug in Microsoft Navision 3.70 that can lead to The Bin Content does not exist.

Nuno … thank you for your input … [8-|] … do you know a work around for this? Or do you know about any resources that could help us to debug our problem? I just want to be proactive, since it takes some time for the consultant to free-up some time in order to take a look at this. … [:(]

In partnersource there is 2 articles related to that. One articles talk when you try to change the status of a multiline production order. Error is marked has Navision 4.0, I think you can obtain the same result in 3.70.

Sorry but I can’t publish more details on this articles, since this kind of articles are marked as partner only. Please send me by PM your e-mail and will send the solution.