AX 4.0 - User name change

Hi All,

I’ve used the search facility to no avail, but I surely can’t be the first person to ask this… apologies if the question has indeed been posted before.

Is it possible to amend a user’s Alias following a name change?

The user’s Active Directory account has been updated to reflect the name change and so far we are currently managing this by creating a new User record and disabling the old account to allow us to enable the new one.

This is not a great solution for the user as they lose all their favourites, advanced filters etc.

Many thanks

Jon

I don’t have any AX4 environment, so I can’t verify what I’m saying, but I’m not aware of anything you could break by changing the alias directly.

Now, how to change it? AX2012, for example, allows you to change it directly in Users form (if you have sufficient permissions, of course). If this is not allowed in AX4 or you don’t want to do it manually, you have to write a simple piece of code to update the field - either in X++ or SQL.

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately it is not possible to amend Alias in the Users form in AX4, and the Rename option from Record Info wants to update User ID.

I have no X++ or SQL knowledge, but there are others in the business who do.

Thanks for the reply.