automatically display acc no

i have a form say “from1” which is connected tothe Employee master,form1 has a field to capture the vendor account no.
i want to display the vendor account no once when i select the vendor account no in my employee master.how can i do?

-Regards,

Rajee

Hi Rajarajeshwari,

Its not clear…can you explain…

Naresh Kolli

Hai Raji,

The similar post has been already discussed here.

what you can do is you can update form1 vendor account by writing update method -overriding the modfied method of vendor account in empltable(form/table-any)…i hope both are related thru emplid.

ok,

In EmplMaster—>Functions—> Details …which is customized by me… this Details form has some fields amoung which “Vendor Acc no” is one. In EmplMaster form when i select the **“Vendor Acc no”…**The “Vendor Acc no” field in the DETAILS Form should automatically get filled in by the “Vendor Acc no” which i selected in the EmplMaster form

override modfied method empltable level

case (empltable, vendacct)

select forupdate detailstable where detailstable .emplid == this.emplid;

ttsbegin;

detailstable .vendacct= this.vendacct;

detailstable .update();

ttscommit;

this will do.

Hi Rajarajeshwari,

As said by Shon it can be done,there would be any case that no record in the details table for the related employee…

If that case exists you need to insert the record also,if records exists it should be updated as above…

Naresh Kolli

ok,but alreadt the modified field has this code . how to proceed now ?

if(trvPartyEmployeeRelationship.AccountNumber == ‘’)
{
trvPartyEmployeeRelationship.AccountType = LedgerJournalACType::Vend;
trvPartyEmployeeRelationship.AccountNumber = emplTable.psaVendAccount;
emplTable_ds.object(fieldnum(EmplTable, psaVendAccount)).allowEdit(false);
trvPartyEmployeeRelationship_ds.executeQuery();
emplTable_ds.executeQuery();
trvPartyEmployeeRelationship_ds.refresh();
Empl_VendBankAccount_ds.refresh();
emplTable_ds.refresh();
}

the corresponding code is from the modified () of the trvPartyEmployeeRelationship rite!!

in ua case:

u have to override the modified method of employee table and replicate the code as i suggested above.

No Shon,

That code is in the EmplTable(form)—>DataSource—>EmplTable---->PSAVendAccount(field) — >modified Method

well–thats fine!!

it will execute based on that condition, and ua case is different, if vend acct is filled in empl table. it shoul update details form.

so i would be happy if you try the code and check its working or not—execute it empltable(Table level not form)-Methods-Override Modified ().

Shon,

i have just copy pasted ur code in the Empltable (table) —>modified method…

but it dint work [:(]

it dint get updated??

.debugg and see whats happening…coz it shud wrk fine

and also i believe u have a record already in place in details form befre u select the vend acct in empltable… right??

HI Rajarajeshwari,

if the code is there in the EmplTable(form)—>DataSource—>EmplTable---->PSAVendAccount(field) — >modified Method no probelm,add the code as follows after the existing code…it will eork

if(EmplTable)
{
ttsbegin;
select detailstable where detailstable .emplid == this.emplid;
detailstable.selectforupdate(true);
detailstable.vendaccount= EmplTable.psaVendAccount;
detailstable.update();
ttscommit;
}

Naresh Kolli

yes Shon,i select the vend Acc no from EmplTable…which i should automatically get updated in the details form

And naresh, there is no reaction when i include the code in the EmplTable(form)—>DataSource—>EmplTable---->PSAVendAccount(field) — >modified Method …

did you debug??

also , you have already records in your details table…!! only vendor acct against each needs to be updated based on your selection.

correct my understanding if wrong!!

for the same details form i’ve displayed the employee id.i.e whn i open the Details form,the employee id is displayed automatically …for that i’ve written code in the EmplTable(form)—>DataSource—>Detailsform---->Active Method,which works fine,but why not for the vendor acc no?

public int active()
{
int ret;
;

Detailsform.EmplId = Empltable.EmplId;

ret = super();

return ret;
}

so here we go – i guess you dont have record to update !!!

record is created when you open details form right??

then you can over ride init value method of table or form of ‘details’

eg:

select firstonly empltable where empltabel.emplid == detailstable.emplid

detailstable.vend acct == empltable.vendacct.

yes shon, you are correct… yes i debugged it but no change…

my details form is similar to the "\Forms\VendTable\Designs\Design[ButtonGroup:ButtonGroup][MenuButton:MenuButtonSetup]\MenuItemButton:Accounts"

so did u try initvalue method??

In the select statement

select detailstable where detailstable .emplid == this.emplid to Empltable.emplid; it will work

Naresh Kolli