applying special characters in setfilters

Hi , Can we apply special characters in setfilters ? for example : In fixed assets module - we do have FA class . I’m applying filters on FA class code ( the possible values are Comp, Desktop, F&F… and so on ). now my query is : while generating a report based on this, i can get the report output if i dont specify any filters… however if i do specify any filters say for F&F only, then the output is blank… how to go about it ?

Hi Ardent, hope you are well. try this filter FAClass.SETFILTER ('FA Class Code, ‘%1’, ‘F&F’); hope this is what you wanted? Cheers David

Hello Ardent, supposedly the code F&F creates the problem, because it contains one of Navisions wildcard characters, “?”. Generally you should avoid using these wildcard characters in table filds, at least in the key fields. F&F is nterpreted as FAF or FBF or FCF etc. not “F&F” So rename F?F to FoF instead. Also avoid *, ?, <, >, =, | and spaces. Pelle

Moved from Break Space forum (I know some of you are doing this for your fun only - but…). Moved to Navision Development forum.

On your Report you must type the filter like: ‘F&F’ If you simply type: F&F it will not work as the filter set will equal only: F [edit] Phew, what a cryptic answer… [:)]