Adding fields in unposted table and posted table.

Hi Everyone,

I need some help, How can I add a fields in Unposted Purchase Header table and the fields being added can also be seen in Posted Purch. Inv. Header when the transaction is posted?

Is there a lot of codding to do about this guy’s? Where can I locate the exact code for this one?

Thank you in advance guy’s. Your help would be so much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Ronnel

Hi,

There is no coding required for above scneario

You can add the field in both the table with the same field no

For Example

You have added one field in purchase header with field no 50000

You have to add the same field in Posted Purch Inv Header with field no 50000

Navision will copy data from Purchase header to Pur Inv Header while posting automatically.

Hope this will solve your problem

Amol

Purchase header table uses TRANSFERFIELDS function to copy from Purchase Header to Purch. Rcpt. Header and Purch. Rcpt. Header…

Help Says…

TRANSFERFIELDS copies fields based on the Field No. property of the fields. For each field in Record (the destination), the contents of the field with the same Field No. in FromRecord (the source) will be copied, if such a field exists.

The fields must have the same data type for the copying to succeed (text and code are convertible, other types are not.) There must be room for the actual length of the contents of the field to be copied in the field to which it is to be copied. If any of these conditions are not fulfilled, a run-time error will occur.

So as suggested by Amol, just add the field with same ID in both tables…

Hi Guy’s

Thank you so much. It helps me a lot with your idea’s/knowledge.

Best Regards,

Ronnel :slight_smile: