ADCS Codeunit 1 Trigger 99

Hi, was in the mist of testing out ADCS. However whenever we go through the steps define in the ADCS menu till the step to start the application server service, this error “Unable to execute codeunit 1 trigger 99” would always appear… Did any1 encounter this and resolve the issue?

Hi Douglas, trigger 99 in CU1 is called by NAS. Which version are you using? You have to make sure that you have the code for the NAS in trigger 99 (btw, trigger 99 is a good starting point to develop your own applications using NAS). Search the forum. You should find plenty more topics on that. Regards Walter

Ya Walter, we are using Attain 3.60 now. We did check from the original codeunit that trigger 99(function NAShandler) does exist, so we are kind of puzzle about what else is missing. Furthermore, we did the installation exactly as seen in Navision ADCS installation manual, where a test company(Cornus Internation Ltd.) is setup, and we are suppose to be able to view miniforms using a hyperterminal…

Douglas, maybe a silly question. Have you added the startup parameter value for the NAS (e.g. ADCS,NAS1)? Do you log in with the system account? Or does NAS log in with an other account? Do you have a window login for this account in your database? I have done this installation once and have had no problems at all. That installation was an a “testserver” installed commerce- and userportal as well. That reminds me: have you installed all the name pipes? Kind regards Walter

Haa… i think i follow those steps of setting startup parameter value, login with system account which is same as what was define for the NAS. Had the window login (same account as use in system and NAS). However i do not understand what u mean by “installing all named pipe”… wasn’t mention in the manual that i have.

I thought about MSMQBusAdapter.dll, NPipeBusAdapter.dll and msxml3.exe (Cabinet Self-Extractor). That part was installed on our testserver (testing commerce portal). I can not remember, but I think you need this components for ADCS as well. These files are normally located on the Attain CD in the client folder (…\Client\Common\Navision\Communication Component).

Oh the system already have MSMQBusAdapter.dll, NPipeBusAdapter.dll and msxml.dll now. The Application Server name is NAS1 and have the following parameter in the registry now: ReceivePipeName - replypipe_CRONUS_International_Ltd__nas1 RequestPipeName - requestpipe_CRONUS_International_Ltd__nas1 While the VT100 name is Symbol1: ReceivePipeName - replypipe_Symbol1 RequestPipeName - requestpipe_Symbol1

May that be a problem? I don’t know. But you mentioned you have a problem starting the NAS. Anything else we have not checked yet? Sorry, I have no idea anymore. Is Mario Kresnadi still in this forum? He could help us with this. Hello Mario!

Haa, no problem… thanks very much for the help. Just wandering if some1 else have the same error messages as i have… :frowning:

Hi Douglas, I think this error message “Unable to execute codeunit 1 trigger 99” appears when the Navision DB server doesn’t find the DB. So my question is : do you have installed the NDBS with the option typical? Doing like this, the screen asking you to choose the DB doesn’t appear in the installing wizard. I think your error come from this. Good luck

Are you running this on SQL? If it’s on SQL you’ll need to specify the servername as well as the db location. I actually just finished setting one up and had glossed over that fact. That’s the only thing I can think of that hasn’t already been covered.

Hoho, finally identify that it was due to some startup parameter not set while starting the database server. The ADCS works if i were to start the database server service with parameters -->servername=,nettype=,database= Wasn’t mention in the ADCS installation guide though, but this can be found in the “Installation and System Management” pdf guide.