XPO import not correct

Hi we use AX 2.5 / SP2. I found an issue with one specific modification i want to import… Example: I added field1 to table1 in Testsystem. Export the project. Look in the xpo file : field1 is there Import in PROD system import works fine, synchronization works… but field1 is missing … it has just not been imported… no error messages… Any good ideas? Thx Pirmin

Hi Pirmin Try to tjeck witch layer you are exporting from in your test enviroment and witch layer you are importing to in your prod enviroment. best regard PDT

quote:

Hi Pirmin Try to tjeck witch layer you are exporting from in your test enviroment and witch layer you are importing to in your prod enviroment. best regard PDT
Originally posted by phucdinhtran - 2005 Mar 18 : 12:05:24

Hi, From what I know, the .xpo does not save the layer. When imported, changes are done into the current layer. Your problem is weird. I never got it 3.0 version. Did it happen before? Thanks Ciprian

Hi, nope i never got it before nor after. This is specially with that one object. I did (i guess) all possibilitys and layers… well is realy funny… and you can see the change in the XPO but not when imported… Pirmin

Hi ppl [:D] Have you checked if there is maybe same AOT object for same table/class in Patch Layer?

Since I’m new to Axapta, and I have not experience this problem myself, I cannot suggest any solution. However, I heard from several experienced Axapta developers (not from the same company) about the problem described here. According to them, the solution is Axpata 3, SP2. They describe the problem as a non-confirmed bug in the old Axapta and they cannot say in which cases it happens … for now, it happens without a reason. I know this because I found another “strange” behaviour in Axpata 3 which I discussed with the developers.

Hi, I haven’t come across this problem before [8] In what tier the development was made and in what tier this was imported? Cheers, Harish Mohanbabu

Have you checked the EDT of the field1? If it is missing in the base which you are importing into, then problems occur without error messages.