Wrong stock inventory valuation report after running Adjust cost item entries after migration

Hi ,

I am having some issues with the stock after the migration. All the balances customer, vendor,stock e.t.c are okay after the migration, but the stock is not given me the correct balance after running the Adjust cost item entries for the newly migrated database. Then when i ran the inventory valuation report i am having a total different value when multiplying the cost unit with the quantity. the costing method is average. Any advice would be highly appreciated. I am still walking on it.

I migrated from NF 2.6 to NAV 6.0sp1.

Thanks Dhyan

What prompted the need to run Adjust Cost in the new database? Was an Adjust Cost run in the 2.6 database prior to the migration? Does the problem exist in the interim databases that you needed to produce as part of the migration?

Thanks Bab,

i have been able to resolve the issue it has to do with the way the report is been design. Having a cost unit in inventory valuation report is a custimized report as items enter the system with different unit cost, that is why in inventory valuation report standard you do not have unit cost.

To answer your question.

other charges(Cost) against some purchases are not updating on the item card as part of the Unit cost. and it affects the cost of sales at the point of posting the sales order for the item. Yes, adjust Cost was run in the 2.6 database prior to the migration. I did not run the item cost adjustment in the interim database.

Another Problem am having

Another problem am having is that most of the entry on checking the item card drilling down the unit cost for purchased items are having double entry after migration. I have check Average Cost Calc. Overview(Table 5847) but nothing seems to be wrong with it. I do not have any problem with purchases made after migration but for those before migration am having issues. Please Babrown can you help out, your advice will be highly appreciated. These is really affecting the unit cost and COGS.

Thanks in advance

Gbenga

A few points:

I don’t know about the Valuation report in your localized version, but the NA version does have a “Unit Cost” in the standard report. This is a calculated average cost. That is it’s simply the “total cost” divided by the “total quantity”.

Postings, including charges, do not directly update “Unit Cost”. “Unit Cost” are updated by the “Adjust Cost” process. However the “Unit Cost” of an item is only updated if the item has a positive “Net Invoiced Quantity”. So, for example, an item that is sold down to zero daily, or one that is sold before invoicing will not have their “unit cost” adjusted.

The “Unit Cost” of a sales is defaulted to the item’s unit cost at the time the source entry (document or journal) was created. This is updated by Adjust Cost to reflect the actual cost based on the ledger applications. To see ongoing accurate costing, it is critical to run Adjust Cost on a regular basis. My recommendartions to clients is to run it on a daily basis.

On your remaining issues, when you say you are seeing “double entry”, are you seeing 2 different entries (meaning they have different “Entry No.”) or are you seeing the same entry displayed twice?

Hi,

Thanks so much for your advice. What actually happens is that during migration of data from NAV 2.6 to Nav 6.0 the item ledger entry Quantity field in value entry table where updated with the same quantity as the purchase quantity for other charges Entry type option(Indirect cost). When i checked the unit cost on the item card since the quantity is derived from the item ledger entry Quantity field from the value entry table the system filter on the item ledger entry Quantity for the Entry type option (Indirect cost) for a particular purchase. I think there was something i should have done during the process of migration that would have prevented this from happening.

How i resolve the problem.

I simply update the value entry table for document type purchase all Entry type option(Indirect cost) that has item ledger entry Quantity to Zero.

Note

This also have effect on the unit cost of the item. as the items used costing method Average. The issue was created during the process of migration and not from the system, as i have raised purchase order and apply other charges to the goods received and i have no problem with the entry.