WORKFLOW IN AX 2009

hi guyz ,

Do anybdy have any knowledge abt Workflows in Ax 2009 … please share …

I want to implement in HR module. Do anybdy have any idea … please reply… it’s really urgent…

Regards

Chinmay Mishra

But upto which step you have reached are you facing some issue ? or you are just starting. If starting pls go through the What New in Ax 2009 it will give you good basic’s idea to use and configure Workflow.

Have a look at my posting here, it describes what is required with a link to help: http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/p/27729/148062.aspx#148062 Using the search function may save you time in the future.

ya thanks adam but i have an issue vth msdn help …

i have configured a standerd workflow as per Msdn but it’s still not working … do u have ne idea where shud i go for workflow configs

i need a step by step guide … please help me

kapil thanks for rply …first i need to activate a standerd workflow like Purchase Requition or GL …then i can go for mine …

i have probs vth configs… can u please help me…

So lets start at the beginning . . . You have a problem activating the standard workflow on Purchase Requisition - what is the problem?

We cannot really help if you just say you have a problem and do not tell us what it is [:D]

sorry adam …

actually as i know if u enable a workflow on a Ax form , there shud be some workflow default icons and buttons in title-bar ( i hv never seen before so dont have any idea how they would be…[:-*].) , but so sure that i didn’t found such icons in my title-bar , so i m damn sure there is sumthin wrong in my setup … but don’t know what … i have configured my workflow system acoount and execution accounts .then create a workflow configuration in the corresponding module vth some condition on workflow shud b triggered …

i know i m not so clear but truly i have no idea wat stepes r skiped by me…

It will be the workflow configuration I would guess. So do you have an actual active version? Does it have instances used? After that perhaps it is the conditions you have set, to trigger the workflow these have to be met, so a value on the purchase req for example. I am presuming you are trying to get a standard one to work, rather than one you have developed, because that could be wrong for many more reasons.

Have you gone through the 100 trouble shooting items in the MSDN link?