Without enabling DB Log in AX 2012 R3, how can i track the changes done by a user with SysAdmin Access?

Hi Everyone,

DB logging we all know impacts performance, but I am looking for is an entirely different implementation of DB logging for all tables in AX (Standard + Custom) only for users who are having Sys Admin Access in AX.

How can this be achieved?

If i understood correctly you want to validate for only system admin users who changes something in Tables…

But i see conflict here.Entire purpose of DB logging to identify CRUD operations done in Table…Doesnt matter who does it.

But restricting functionality with only SysAdmin users doesn’t solve the purpose it seems.But still you can filter users with standard Output.

But if there is any specific reason why you want to restrict DB logging only for SYSAdmin mention it here…

Restricting user on top of MS code will end up in performance Impact…

But its theory.If you give reason of requirement here,It will be more clear to me…

Rockkato,

I replied to your other question surrounding this topic, for this question though if you don’t want to enable database logging but still want to capture changes you are going to have to write your own change tracking methodology. There is no other piece of functionality that exists within AX that would natively allow you to do this.

Full disclosure, I am actually the lead developer on a solution that does just that with our Fastpath Audit Trail.