What is the best way to correct the wrong invoice

Dear Masters,

I created a purchase order with 10 qty and posted and invoiced with out structure

Next day I consumed that inventory for production out of 10 I consumed 6 .

Two days later I found that I did not update structure . So I need to adjust that structure ( excise and Vat , ).

Now I want raise a creditmemo , but it should adjust the purchase account, vendor account, vat account.

So now I created a Purchae credit memo using applies to document type and No.

When I posted the creditmemo it is reversing the item ledger entries also.

But I don’t want to reserve the item ledger entries.

So what is the solution to correct the wrong invoice .

What is the best solution to correct the wrong invoice ?

Please help me.

Hi Lally,

Do you mean you don’t want to RESERVE or you don’t want to REVERSE the Item Ledger Entries?

If you don’t want it to reserve you item ledger entries, then you need to change the Reserve Option on the Item Card to Optional, then you can change the reserve option on the Credit Memo to not reserve the item ledger Entries.

If you don’t want it to REVERSE the item ledger entries, then you need to post the credit memo without the item on the credit memo. If it’s only the VAT you need to adjust, then you can create a G/L line with the type VAT Only. But the best way is that you create a cedit memo for the full amount, and the a new credit memo with the correct registration. The problem of course is that you have already consumed the 6 for your production, so it will not be 100% correct, even if you do this.

Thanks Mr . Erik,

Sorry i have written some thing wrong about the word Reserve .

Actaul word is REVERSE.

I dont want to REVERSE the item ledger entries. Just i want to reserve the Vendor ledger entries.

If it reverse the Item ledger entries then what is the use of the credit memo.

Because just want to caluclate the Vat amount only , because item is correct and cost is also correct so i dont want to reverse item ledger entries.

Please let me know what is the use of Credit memo

Hi,

My answer to you is still the same as above:

If you don’t want it to REVERSE the item ledger entries, then you need to post the credit memo without the item on the credit memo. If it’s only the VAT you need to adjust, then you can create a G/L line with the type VAT Only.

But the best way is that you create a cedit memo for the full amount, and the a new credit memo with the correct registration. The problem of course is that you have already consumed the 6 for your production, so it will not be 100% correct, even if you do this.

"but it should adjust the purchase account, vendor account, vat account. "

If you mean by that you want to affect the cost of the item too (because purchase account is reduced)

I suggest to create a credit memo having as line “charge item” that posts to the same purchase account of the posted item entry and assign it to the line containing 10 pcs, that will reduce the purchase price in the item ledger entry and the cost amount actual.

if the vat amount that you want to reduce is the value calculated on this line amount, then u can use the same vat product posting group as the invoice and the system will calculate the same VAT value and deduct it.