What happened to the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan license?

We are changing Microsoft partners for our licensing, and they can’t find the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan license. What happened to it? I never saw a communication about it. Is there a replacement? I see in the pricing guide that there are 2 available for D365 Customer Service. Service Professional and Service Enterprise. Do I need the Service Enterprise license now to replace the Engagement Plan license?

This license SKU was deprecated in October 2019. You will need to choose another licensing option based upon which of the modules you would like to use. Full information about the deprecation is included in the link below.

Deprecation: Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (Dynamics 365 Marketing) | Microsoft Learn

1 Like

We didn’t implement Dynamics 365 until mid Nov 2019, and that was the license at the time. We have had no issues purchasing it for new users up until now. Weird that we were able to continue to purchase and no one said anything.

Microsoft tends to keep offering things even after they’ve said it’s no longer available until one day they stop.

It sounds like your previous partner may have purchased Customer Engagement licenses for resale before the deprecation took effect. They could expand/contract on available CE licenses (until the license is completely retired), but your new partner did not resell CE licenses prior to the deprecation and couldn’t find them since the license type is deprecated. Another option is that by changing partners your contract with Microsoft was classified as “renewed” and Customer Engagement licenses are no longer available when you renew your contract.

1 Like