Warehouse Management - What does Aisle means in warehouse?

Hi,

If i would want to activate the location, it required to maintain the aisle. What does Aisle means in warehouse?

Regards,

Alice

It is a physical representation of the warehouse structure. Most warehouses physically have aisles, locations and shelves (levels). Traditionally these are A.B.C. etc but can be anything. They can also go to make up the final location of the product. So you can have warehouse MAIN, Aisle C, Location 12 and shelf 2, making a full location of C-12-2. If you have ever been shopping in IKEA you will know what I mean [:D]

Hi,

So can i say aisle is one layer higher than location?

Regards,

Alice

Don’t confuse the Navision Location with the Aisle location. Aisle sits somewhere between the two.

In multi-site scale, general Location (in NAV) represents warehouse geographical location.
eg. WH-ABC - Warehouse in City Abc, WH-JK - Warehouse in City Jk, etc.

then in side the WH-ABC warehouse, there are areas / spatial partition / sub-location. so if there is no more smaller sub partition to this, then these can be represented as Bin (in NAV).
eg. WH-ABC, Bin N1, Bin N2, … W1, W2, …, S1, S2, …, E1, E2… (simply denotes West area 1, west area 3, etc)

if multi location warehouse, and inside the warehouse you have smaller sub partition than above, like example you have big shelves and racks, like those in stores or super market. then, those Bin N1, N2, W1, W2 etc. … are not used.
then we use Bin for an actual bin in the racks. so you can have Bin Code: A01-R01-L01 (which for instance, denotes for Aisle no. 1, Rack no. 1, 1st bin from Left.

that’s just an example what happened in the actual operation, and how to implement into NAV.