Want the cost price to be fetched in FIFO costing group Movement journal D365

Hello everyone,

I have a scenario here. A new item created with FIFO costing model. Now I populate the cost price with let’s say 100 and check the “latest cost price.” Now I want to issue items through movement journal. Now I add the item in the journal and the update the quantity to 1. I want the cost price 100 to automatically populate under the cost price of the journal line. I should not be able to manually enter or edit the cost. If there is any way, please let me know.

Later, whenever there is a purchase order raised against this item and invoiced, I want the latest purchase order price to populate under the cost price of the same movement journal line for that same item. i.e., I do again a movement journal after a purchase order. In that case, the latest purchase price should populate in the journal.

Thank you.

Hi - if you are issuing stock via the movement journal, the cost price on the journal is not relevant. The cost price when the journal is posted will be based on the current system calculated cost. You do not say however i assume you are issuing the stock after the purchase you mentioned has been received.

In your scenario that posted cost on the movement journal transaction will then be adjusted later via the inventory close (or recalculation) to take into account the invoiced purchased order cost.

3 Likes

The cost price on the journal becomes relevant if you do an inbound transaction. If you were to count inventory in, it will go in at that price.

3 Likes