Vendor No in Requisition Worksheet

Hi all, A question to you all. For a client of our’s we are heavily using the Requisition Worksheet, after some hard reading and learning we figured out mostly how the Requisition Worksheet calculates it’s purchase orders. One question remains however. In the Req. Worksheet line the vendor no is filled in. But I can’t seem to figure out, how. In my opinion there are three places where this vendor no, can be taken from: - Vendor No from the Item Card - Vendor No form the Stockkeeping Unit Card - Vendor Table, under the button purchases on the Item Card. My settings are: Requisition System: Purchase Requisition Method: - Req. Method Manufacturing Policy: Make-to-Order - Calc. below reorder Point: Yes - Reorder Policy: Fixed Reorder Point - Calc with Inventory: Yes So, any ideas about where the vendor no comes from, and which parameters it depends? Thanks very much in advance!! /Sven

Hi Sven my belief is that it runs from the SKU. The SKU overrides (should do but does not everywhere!) the general item settings. Set up a single item with one SKU and give them different vendors - upon a creation of demand exceeding supply the requisition worksheet will select the vendor defined against the SKU. As for the Item Vendor Table this has a slightly different purpose:

quote:

When you enter something on an item line, such as on a purchase order, the program always uses as a default the vendor from the Item Card. If this vendor has been set up in the Item Vendor table, the program uses information such as price from the table.

So in other words if the Vendor on the worksheet has special prices set in the item vendor table these will be picked up (not that I have ever tried this [:D]). I hope this helps.

As Mr.Steven Weaver said ut works te same way. There are lot of scope for the vendor to pick based on the evaluation conditions. This way we can incorporate few of the vendor evaluation and rating concepts such as price, quality, lead time etc., padmanabh_hv@yahoo.com

Hi Steven, Thanks very much for your reply. One quesion about the Item Vendor Table. In this you can set a minimun quanty. I thought this was used for e.g. When I have a demand for 6 items, I order it with Vendor A, but it is is 9 then I order from Vendor B. Have I lost all track? /Sven

Hi Sven I believe the minimum quantities refer directly to the price breaks. So for example if you buy 10 off they charge you 17.00, if you buy 100 off you get them for 15.00. However these prices only come into affect if the vendor is registered on the line of the document, and on the requisition worksheet these are generated from either the item or the SKU record, so if the SKU record matches the vendor item table pricing then this should be shown on the physical purchase order. I think the Vendor Item table is referred to once the vendor is decided upon, to see if a record exists (then applies specific pricing/discounts) whereas the vendor flagged on the item or SKU record means it can be used as part of the requisition worksheet. Am I confusing you more? [:D] I hope this helps - but I have not tested this, so feel free to try.

Just a clarification on SKU’s. If an SKU does not exist for the location/variant, then when planning runs, it creates a variable of type SKU, and copies everything from the item card, so the logis is that Requisitions first look at the SKU, then the Item card.