Vendor Ledger Entry

Hi All,

I am hoping you might be able to help me identify the Vendor Ledger Entry table in Navision.

I am trying to download the data from the Vendor Ledger Entry into my excel spreadsheet, but am not sure what the name is. I have successfully connected to the database and can see the tables but can’t identify the table I am looking for,

Thanks

Regards

Gerard

Looks like you are connection to SQL, in which case the table is [MyCompanyName$Vendor Ledger Entry]

Hi Gerard,

On the SQL server tables are named after this convention:
COMPANYNAME$TABLENAME

So in your case (if you want the vendor ledger entries from a company called CRONUS) the tabelname to look for is:
CRONUS$Vendor Ledger Entry

NOTE!
If you use ODBC you can’t export values from flowfields, you have to export the data from the underlying table.
So if you want Remaining Amount, you have to export the appropriate “Detailed Vendor Ledg. Entry” records, and do the calculation in Excel afterwards.
(Also note that some signs are changed on the sql-server, so “Detailed Vendor Ledg. Entry” would be named like this on the sql-server:
CRONUS$Detailed Vendor Ledg_ Entry)

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your help.

I have try to do this through MS Excel, Data, Import External Data, New Database Query, SQL Server, Use Trusted Connection.

I can successfully connect to the SQL Server then the Database. But I am unable to see any of the table names you mentioned.

Is this to do with permissions on the SQL server? If it is what is a way around this?

Thanks again

Regards

Gerard

Do you see NO tables at all?

It might be permissions issue - ask your DBA to grant you db_datareader role for your Navision SQL database.