User groups with permission to execute SSRS

Hi all,

I am using AX 2009 and SQL server 2008 r2.

I found the problems about user permission to call SSRS reports when log on to AX.

Some of users can execute reports properly but in the other case, another users in the same user group cannot run report and show the error as below.

“This report requires a default or user-defined value for the report parameter ‘<AX_company_parameter>’. To run or subscribe to this report, you must provide a parameter value. (rsReportParameterValueNotSet)”

So, I have already set the default parameter for the parameter;<AX_company_parameter> but it is still not able to execute all of the SSRS reports by these users. And I also tried to add these users to the administrator group but it cannot work.

Are there any ideas for this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Feng

You need to execute following steps-

1)For SSRS 2008 the Business Connector proxy account is required to be the SSRS service account through Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
2)Remove the SSRS execution account through Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
3)Restart the AOS and the Reporting Server.

If the issue still persists check the application event log for details and let me know.

Hi Vinay Singh,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try this solution and inform the result to you soon.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Vinay Singh,

After trying all of those steps, I found these 2 cases of error on executing SSRS reports.

1. When I logged on AX2009 client side and called SSRS reports by the Administrator, the report screen was blank and noticed me to add trust sites but I cannot add it because of the URL textbox is greyed out.

When I clicked close on trust site pop-up, on the report screen parameters are shown but greyed out and this message was appear on the top of screen parameters

"Browser settings prevent scripts from running on this report. To view this report without scripts, click here"

and when I clicked on the link ‘click here’ this error would appear.

"This report requires a default or user-defined value for the report parameter ‘AX_CompanyName’. To run or subscribe to this report, you must provide a parameter value. (rsReportParameterValueNotSet) Get Online Help"

and this is reporting server log information.

library!ReportServer_0-4!1a78!05/25/2011-10:03:13:: Call to GetReportParametersAction(/Dynamics/en-US/HTAS_Fuu.MSTT_OT10LogisticCost.LogisticCost).

library!ReportServer_0-4!e3c!05/25/2011-10:05:03:: i INFO: RenderForNewSession(’/Dynamics/en-US/HTAS_Fuu.MSTT_OT10LogisticCost.LogisticCost’)

library!ReportServer_0-4!e3c!05/25/2011-10:05:03:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportParameterValueNotSetException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportParameterValueNotSetException: This report requires a default or user-defined value for the report parameter ‘AX_CompanyName’. To run or subscribe to this report, you must provide a parameter value.;

webserver!ReportServer_0-4!e3c!05/25/2011-10:05:03:: e ERROR: Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: This report requires a default or user-defined value for the report parameter ‘AX_CompanyName’. To run or subscribe to this report, you must provide a parameter value. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportParameterValueNotSetException: This report requires a default or user-defined value for the report parameter ‘AX_CompanyName’. To run or subscribe to this report, you must provide a parameter value.

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ParameterInfoCollection.ThrowIfNotValid()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSServiceDataProvider.GetParameters(ClientRequest session, CatalogItemContext reportContext)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RenderForNewSession.GetReportParameters()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RenderForNewSession.GetReportMetadata()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RenderForNewSession.get_ExecuteExistingSnapshot()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RenderForNewSession.GetExecutionStrategy()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecutionBase.InternalExecuteReport()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecutionBase.Execute()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.CancelablePhaseBase.ExecuteWrapper()

— End of inner exception stack trace —

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.CancelablePhaseBase.ExecuteWrapper()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ExecutionDisposerProxy.ExecuteReport()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RenderReportAction.PerformExecution()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RenderReportAction.Render()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderReport()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.DoStreamedOperation(StreamedOperation operation)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPageContent()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPage()

library!WindowsService_0!da8!05/25/2011-10:05:05:: i INFO: Call to CleanBatch()

library!WindowsService_0!da8!05/25/2011-10:05:05:: i INFO: Cleaned 0 batch records, 0 policies, 0 sessions, 0 cache entries, 0 snapshots, 0 chunks, 0 running jobs, 0 persisted streams, 0 segments, 0 segment mappings, 0 edit sessions.

library!WindowsService_0!da8!05/25/2011-10:05:05:: i INFO: Call to CleanBatch() ends

1. The users which is not in admin group cannot call the SSRS reports because Report Server URL is not available to them and show the error below.

"SRSReportView error id 2: Cannot read information from the report server. Is the report manager URL correct?"

I have already confirmed the Report Server URL for those groups from administration >> setup >> business analysis >> reporting services >> reporting server and it was a correct path. Are there any settings which I miss for group permissions control to see a report URL?

Thank you very much.

Hey…try by adding User who have problem in viewing the reports in the administrator group of Server Manager.

็Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already tried it but still no work.

The users which were in administrator group except administrator could run reports properly.

But the users which were not created in administrator group still cannot see the report server URL.

Do you have any idea for setting the user groups?

Hi Feng,

Goto all programs → administrative tools → server manager-> configuration → users and group → group → add name of user in administration group.

This is required apart from -

adding the user in administrator group in report server (if u r trying to see the report in report server).

OR

adding the user in administrator group in EP (if u r trying to see the report in EP).

Hope this will resolve your query… :slight_smile:

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your support but this issue still cannot resolve.

I had tried to add those users to administrator group but it was still cannot run the report from AX screen.

I also tried to restart AOS service and Report server service and run again the result is as same as before.

Do you have any idea about setting for AX configuration? Thanks again for your informaition.

I have the similar issues with AX 2009 SSRS deployment. On the SQL Server is itself, I am able to run SRS reports via an AX client. But on a remote machine, I cannot run reports via AX client.

SRSReportView error id 2: Cannot read information from the report server. Is the report manager URL correct?

When I tried to “Validate” Reporting Servers inside AX on a remote machine, it will say:

http://xxx/ReportServer - failed: The address is invalid or unavailable. Check the URL and try again.

I can ran this URL in FireFox browser (the default browser) on this remote machine and get to it just fine. Though, cannot get to this URL through Internet Explorer. IE would keep asking for network credentials and give no results.

It might be permission issues. On the reporting server setup/configuration, the Business Connector Proxy account is used as Service Account. This proxy account has access in the ReportServer database. Re-started the reportserver and AOS services. What else is missing?

Hi Sally, I am facing a simmilar issue. Did you find a solution to the above issue, if so please let me know solution for it. Regards, Syed