URGENT: Navision crash - Application Error

Dear all, I hope that somebody can help me - it is urgent. It started with one and now 2 computers (clients) are affected: When one tries to Email a report (or even Preview it) Navision messages pops up: The instruction at “0x77fcb5bf” referenced memory at “0xeaac8b5d”. The memory could not be “written”. Click OK to terminate the program And when one clicks OK Navision closes. I have reinstalled Navision client, printers. Still the same. Why this Application Error comes up and how to fix it? Please advise. We have Navision 3.01 non SQL running on Windows 2000 clients. Server is Windows NT. Thank you. Denis Petrov

It sounds to me more like a hardware crash of ram.

Server or client’s computer?

we just restarted Navision server and it still continues… now one more computer is affected.

if affected clients get more, i would proof server . But try first : Navision server down → all clients are disconnected take server out of network start a local client on server to check the database. e.g.: compile all objects make a database test with only primery key and data testing. If this works well, try on the local client the way which brings the client to crash

Did you install a new version of objects to your server before the effect of the client began ? I once had myself that problem, that I programed a form which worked well on my NT4Workstation but crashes the win98 clients

I had this message once, that was when the memory of my PC was corrupt. (hardware problem) After changing my memory card in my laptop, the problem was solved…

quote:

I had this message once, that was when the memory of my PC was corrupt. (hardware problem) After changing my memory card in my laptop, the problem was solved…

But he has an increasing number of clients. if i counted correct it must be 3 at the moment

problem was a corrupted printer. Changed default printer on computer and fixed the problem.

jammicky and Peter, thank you all for your prompt replies. It appears to us now that the problem is related to a brand new network printer we just installed. When it was selected as default - this is when the problem began. And since it was default for multiple users - we had so many computers affected. Again, I appreciate your help and very very glad that the issue is over.