Urgent : "Cannot create a record in Price (InventItemPrice). Item number: XXX, . The record already exists."

Dear All,

My user having issue with PO Invoice Posting. The error message is

"Cannot create a record in Price (InventItemPrice). Item number: XXX, . The record already exists."

I found similar case faced by other user. I found three options to resolve:

1. Restarting AOS can resolve issue. I have restarted, however, only few PO can post through but some PO still having the same error.

2. Another solution is to un-tick “Latest purchase price” from item detail which i don’t want to change also as I am afraid it will impact my inventory costing.

3. The Last option is to change “Date of price” from Item Detail > Price/Discount tab to change it later date than the PO posting date. I think it should not do that also because if I change the Date of price to future date, the price of posting PO would not update back to my purchase price in Item detail.

Any idea for this issue? I cannot simulate this error on my testing environment as system allow me to post through successfully. Why the issue is so strange some can post through but some cannot.

I need to resolve it urgently. Kindly advise.

Many Thanks.

Yuan

I believe to replicate it you would need to have an invoice with the same item and a different price listed twice and then post it.

I would not untick teh latest purchase price, although this causes the issue as the costing version lines are written at the same time it clashes because the item and date are the same in teh same update with only the cost being different and the table is not designed to hold this. The date of the price I am not sure why it impacts.

You would need to log this with Microsoft or your partner, it is an issue in teh code update - I would be surprised if they do not already have a fix.

Hi Adam,

This problem is very strange and find it very intermittent. It may be cache issue. I have no idea how to resolve. If one user post this PO, the error comes out. No matter he tried how many times. However this same PO can be posted successfully if another user try or use different servers. I cannot identify the conditions that make this problem.

Would it be due to India localization hotfix? It happened only after we install it.

Regards,

Yuan

No not an Indian Localization in my opinion as I can replicate it on an item journal without the localization.