Upgrading To Navision Attain

Post your problems, concerns, tips for upgrades from NF 1.XX/2.XX to Navision Attain here. tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Let’s start the thread with : What happened to bins & zone in Advanced distribution ? The notion of bins & zone seems to have disapear in Attain. Location is still there (Ho Joy!) This basically means if you receive Item No. 20 in the BLUE Location, Bin 5, Zone 3 in NF 2.60 Can only do the receiving to the BLUE Location (nice!) Is this classified as a feature and bins/zones will be handled (in a few years?) in a proper logistic granule ? Who can enlighten me ? tarek_demiati@ureach.com Edited by - Tarek Demiati on 2001 Jun 28 12:04:03

Allelujah! Navision provides all the codeunits to upgrade the data direcly from NF 2.00 (upwards) to Attain 3.0 Which is good news so you don’t have to go through this tedious upgrade cycle : NF 2.00 —> NF 2.01 NF 2.01 —> NF 2.50 NF 2.50 —> NF 2.60 NF 2.60 —> Attain 3.0 tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Forgive me for being obtuse, but, um, where?

There lies the catch,You have to ‘attain’ it… Rohith Kamath Senior Consultant The Naviworld Group

The Solution 3.0 CD under the UPGTK folder, everything is there documentation and FOBs.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_B: Forgive me for being obtuse, but, um, where?

tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Tarek, Seeing that you lucky soles in Singapore have Navision Attain ( formerly known to you as Navision Solutions 3.0 ) recently released in Australia, Singapore and South Africa. And the release of the product in the rest of the countries is forecasted to follow through out the year. Could you do me a favour and email me the upgrade documentation so that I can have a pre-gander. you know my email. Thanks Please post any other useful information that you come across regarding “Attain” _________________________ Wendy O’Connor Practice Leader woconnor@csbsystems.com CSB Systems Calgary, Alberta T2R 1L9 T:(403) 233-2955 x 224 F:(403) 233-2957

Well all I’ve here is a Beta version. And the GUI (The main menu!) is VERY Beta there :wink: I hope they will select a better range of colors coz right now it’s not very nice

quote:

Originally posted by woconnor: Seeing that you lucky soles in Singapore

tarek_demiati@ureach.com

I think the colours are here to stay… at least… if you look at the navision website you will see the new colours. Itd be nice if they were a little darker though. It looks pretty washed out IMHO. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

Please clarify about the missing zones and bins. I am waiting to look at Attain 3.0 because I feel 2.60 Advanced Distribution is not cleanly integrated. Now, I’m hearing that the new version may be missing zones and bins. IN AD 2.60 there are tables called “Bin Location”, “Bin Location Contents” and “Zone”. Are these tables missing in the new product? This is critical for us since we have multiple warehouses and need to track inventory to the bin level. Does anyone know if the warehouse documents are the same in 3.0 as 2.60? 2.60 has the tables “Warehouse Document Hdr.” and “Warehouse Document Line”. I have developed a web-based application that lets us review and fill out warehouse documents in these tables via ASP pages using SQL Server 2000. I’m hoping this does not change drastically in 3.0. David Rochford Zesco Products 317-269-9300 x188 david@zesco.com

Changed in Attain 3.0 : When a Posted Receipt has been posted, Item Ledger Entries are now created. Unlike the previous version where no item ledger entries were created … tarek_demiati@ureach.com

David : The following tables : Table 99001951 - Location Bin Table 99001952 - Location Bin Contents Are no longer in the current version of Attain 3.0 but should be implemented in the next release. tarek_demiati@ureach.com Edited by - Tarek Demiati on 2001 Jul 04 06:01:11

hmmmmm… 2.60B(US)- When receipts are posted, ledger entries are created, only the GL remains unaffected until the invoice is posted. Is there a difference in the non-US models? Rick I think, therefore you’re not… ------------------------------- Rick Acton High-Tech Consulting Services 301-662-0732

Item Ledger Entries have always been created on receipt otherwise you wouldnt be able to sell the stock if they havent been invoiced. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

As far as I know Version 3 is not a replacement for NAD. It just has some of the functionality as standard from NAD. So we should see our Zone’s and “Bin no.” in Attain NAD ?? David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Version 3 is a replacement for version 3, but the Warehouse Management part of NAD is not implemented at this stage and will be released in the next release. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

Sorry, that’s an error from me you should have read G/L Entries. For Posted Receipts (Sales Side) For Posted Shipments (Purchases Side) Changed in Attain 3.0 : When a Posted Receipt or posted Shipment has been posted, G/L Entries are now created. Unlike the previous version where no G/L entries were created …

quote:

Originally posted by Tarek Demiati: Changed in Attain 3.0 : When a Posted Receipt has been posted, Item Ledger Entries are now created. Unlike the previous version where no item ledger entries were created … tarek_demiati@ureach.com

tarek_demiati@ureach.com

When receiving stock I do not get G/L entries in v3.0. You will get Value entries though. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

May I suggest that this “thread” is split into several threads - it’s becoming very confusing to read it, with all the different topics :slight_smile: Oh, and you can delete this post after splitting the thread up :slight_smile: Lars Strøm Valsted Head of Project and Analysis Columbus IT Partner A/S www.columbusitpartner.com

Poor Lars But he’s actually right. The subject of this topic is so wide that it would go fine for an entire Forum of it’s own. The topics was ok for so long it was only a Beta version. Now people are having the real problems and working with real implementations (at least those of you in countries who have released it). So I’m going to close this topic now. But please just open new topics with a little more specific topics, so that nobody have problems following the thread. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group